Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Will Humans want to alter their bodies to become 4 legged?
  Previous  1  2  3  13  14  15

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Jun 09 2015, 12:58 pm
amother wrote:
That's like going to anti-vax websites to find proof of deaths caused by vaccines. Those claims of over 100 deaths per year have no basis in fact.
This NYT article cites the CDC on mortality rates, that there were NO US deaths during the years the matter was studied, from 2010-2012
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08......html

Why we're talking about this was explained further up on the page

Any surgery has risks, circumcision included. dont ignore that. the risks are low but there are real risks anytime blood is involved. Brisim carry with it other risks as well, including Herpes which through Rockland County cases was proven to have no come from Metzitza bal peh but from someone who touched the fresh circumcision wound with hands that had herpes sores. The same happened with a nurse who had herpes sores on her hands. Anytime something bleeds there is a risk of infection from a variety things. I support brisim because im a frum jew, but I also support someone elses choice to alter his body how he sees fit.

amother
Lime

Post Tue, Jun 09 2015, 1:22 pm
marina wrote:
Circumcision is cutting off a body part. It's not plausible to say that this is extremely safe. It's not. Even if kids don't die, they get harmed. It's a risk, and I don't know that it's any greater than the risk of harm during tonsil surgery or whatever other surgeries many kids often get.

And I certainly don't agree with the government banning circumcision, so not sure what that's all about.

But I don't understand why you don't get the difference: circumcision is what one person decides to do to someone else. Transgender surgery is what you do to yourself. It's a huge difference.

Because from a legal standpoint, it IS the same as doing it to yourself.

Because there are far riskier and less beneficial procedures that parents have their children undergo all the time about which no one cares and certainly no one is seeking to legally ban.

marina

Post Tue, Jun 09 2015, 1:31 pm
amother wrote:
Because from a legal standpoint, it IS the same as doing it to yourself.

Because there are far riskier and less beneficial procedures that parents have their children undergo all the time about which no one cares and certainly no one is seeking to legally ban.

Ok, but why are we arguing legalities here? I don't the law has the final say in terms of ethics, etc. And what are riskier procedures? Ear piercing? I doubt it.

amother
Lime

Post Tue, Jun 09 2015, 2:50 pm
marina wrote:
Ok, but why are we arguing legalities here? I don't the law has the final say in terms of ethics, etc. And what are riskier procedures? Ear piercing? I doubt it.

Arguing legalities bec. that's what's at issue; that's what they were seeking to change.

Ear-piercing has no medical benefit

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Jun 09 2015, 5:05 pm
amother wrote:
Try typing What Makes a Woman New York Times into google

The NYT is the NYT is the NYT under any other name. (Ditto for Huff Post.) With this filter I really have to think if I want to override or not, and it generally takes overnight.

MagentaYenta

Post Tue, Jun 09 2015, 5:09 pm
amother wrote:
Arguing legalities bec. that's what's at issue; that's what they were seeking to change.

Ear-piercing has no medical benefit

There is nothing illegal about being transgendered. Yea there are back waters like AL where there are no state nondiscrimination laws for anyone outside of the usual protections for individuals practicing their faith.

Can you address what legalities folks are wanting to change? This thread is about trans people and in many respects is basically about transitioning.

amother
Lime

Post Tue, Jun 09 2015, 5:28 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
The NYT is the NYT is the NYT under any other name. (Ditto for Huff Post.) With this filter I really have to think if I want to override or not, and it generally takes overnight.

I'm sorry was thinking firewall not filter. Will try to copy/paste later if I have the chance

amother
Lime

Post Tue, Jun 09 2015, 5:31 pm
MagentaYenta wrote:
There is nothing illegal about being transgendered. Yea there are back waters like AL where there are no state nondiscrimination laws for anyone outside of the usual protections for individuals practicing their faith.

Can you address what legalities folks are wanting to change? This thread is about trans people and in many respects is basically about transitioning.

Was discussing with Marina about circumcision. Got way off topic

marina

Post Tue, Jun 09 2015, 9:17 pm
BTW I tried to access that article but couldn't either. Bad link or something
Page 15 of 15   Previous  1  2  3  13  14  15 Recent Topics