Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
3 yr old stripped during class

amother
Ginger

Post Thu, Jun 04 2015, 3:37 pm
While certainly inappropriate, is this totally abnormal? Does this mean that the kid has a big problem or is it something that a 3 yr old might do once or twice?

amother
Cerulean

Post Thu, Jun 04 2015, 3:41 pm
amother wrote:
While certainly inappropriate, is this totally abnormal? Does this mean that the kid has a big problem or is it something that a 3 yr old might do once or twice?

My DD, now five, might have done this. I think she's pretty normal.

JAWSCIENCE

Post Thu, Jun 04 2015, 3:48 pm
There are lots of kids that do this around that age. As long as no other warning signs are present I'd be embarrassed but not too concerned. Just keep repeating private parts are private and make sure the other kids don't give attention or laugh as that encourages the behavior to continue.

morah

Post Thu, Jun 04 2015, 4:03 pm
My four year old has only recently chapped the concept of the necessity of pants in public. She is certainly old enough to be told that this behavior is not allowed, and you should be working on moving away from it, but it is still normal at that age.

blushy

Post Thu, Jun 04 2015, 4:52 pm
JAWSCIENCE wrote:
There are lots of kids that do this around that age. As long as no other warning signs are present I'd be embarrassed but not too concerned. Just keep repeating private parts are private and make sure the other kids don't give attention or laugh as that encourages the behavior to continue.

Yes, I agree.
When I taught this age, stuff like this happened pretty often.

yenny

Post Thu, Jun 04 2015, 5:13 pm
THERAPY!!! Quick!!!

No I don't think it's a problem but try to stop it bc today the schools are ready to pounce on anyone that shows any sign of anything ,spare yourself the agony.

JMM-uc

Post Thu, Jun 04 2015, 5:16 pm
Sounds totally normal for a three year old

Amarante

Post Thu, Jun 04 2015, 5:21 pm
Not to seem voyeuristic, but what do you mean by strip? LOL Very Happy

Did she get up on a table with a feather boa and start dancing? Surprised What was the context? Did she give you a reason?

I agree with everyone else that a three year old does not share the same ideas of propriety as someone older so I don't think the behavior is at all "abnormal". However, I would try to find out why the girl did what she did.

dhm

Post Thu, Jun 04 2015, 7:34 pm
I have a 3 year old. She does this from time to time cuz she just learnt how to fully dress and undress by herself. I think it's totally age appropriate and will pass. Of corse when she does fully undress I tell her (over and over and over) that it's not tznius and cant do it but being that she is 3 she pretty much has her own agenda...

trying1

Post Thu, Jun 04 2015, 7:59 pm
I teach this age and I can tell you that although I have never had anyone strip in the classroom, the way they walk around in the bathrooms is so funny. They just don't get it that you need to stay in the stall til you have your underwear back on - and will happily walk around half dressed - or undressed, if there is something more exciting going on. So cute- and so age appropriate. Little kids... enjoy their innocence!

Scrabble123

Post Thu, Jun 04 2015, 11:15 pm
dhm wrote:
I have a 3 year old. She does this from time to time cuz she just learnt how to fully dress and undress by herself. I think it's totally age appropriate and will pass. Of corse when she does fully undress I tell her (over and over and over) that it's not tznius and cant do it but being that she is 3 she pretty much has her own agenda...

I don't think I'd tell a child that the reason we don't walk around naked is to be tznius. We wear clothing because it is accepted in our society. We wear clothing to cover our bodies. We have private areas of body that are private. If I'd bring up tznius it would be more about the "feel" and about things like "closing a button," "sticking out," and not with regards to stripping into a birthday suite (which I don't know if I'd talk to a 3 old about closing a button, but just wanted to bring up where I'd discuss tznius)

amother
Amethyst

Post Fri, Jun 05 2015, 2:44 am
Just to be on the safe side...I know my 3 year old would not do that (okay he's 4 in a few months but still) and if you know its out of character, I'd keep both ears open and spend time with her.
ESPECIALLY if you live in Yerushalayim, vhamayvin yavin.

DrMom

Post Fri, Jun 05 2015, 7:03 am
Sometimes when kids are learning how to dress/undress themselves, they are very proud of their accomplishments, and like to practice. They don't understand that taking off one's clothing in public is not something done (by adults, anyway) in public.

I certainly don't think it's something "abnormal" or worrisome.

ValleyMom

Post Fri, Jun 05 2015, 10:36 am
I teach 5 year old boys and they will walk the room with pants unbuttoned and zipper down--
When I ask If everything is okay there are multiple reps ones...

"My pants are too tight"

"Oh."

"My tummy needs to rest a little"

"I forgot."

I lovingly remind them to close up and then we might:

Write a little note to mommy together.
or
Visit the nurse to see if he might be coming down with something or just a simple Tums...
Or
A quick trip to the bathroom.

amother
Amethyst

Post Sat, Jun 06 2015, 3:16 pm
ValleyMom wrote:
I teach 5 year old boys and they will walk the room with pants unbuttoned and zipper down--
When I ask If everything is okay there are multiple reps ones...

"My pants are too tight"

"Oh."

"My tummy needs to rest a little"

"I forgot."

I lovingly remind them to close up and then we might:

Write a little note to mommy together.
or
Visit the nurse to see if he might be coming down with something or just a simple Tums...
Or
A quick trip to the bathroom.

That's not stripping in class.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers