Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
Looking for kishka recipe without veggies

lili

Post Thu, Jun 04 2015, 4:06 pm
dh is off the kishka that I used to make (with potatoes, carrots and onions) so I Need to find a new recipe.

Does anyone know a recipe with breadcrumbs or cornflakes or something?
I dont mind if it has onion aswell.

thanks so much!!

Smile1234

Post Thu, Jun 04 2015, 5:39 pm
There's one in Fresh and Easy, in the recipe for pastrami stuff capons - dont think there are veggies in it. There is also a carmelized onion kishka recipe in the same book. Was decent, but we tried it once and went back to our veggie kishka recipe cuz we liked it better.

momto2

Post Thu, Jun 04 2015, 5:43 pm
I make a kishke recipe that I found here on imamother, so easy and delicious.
1 c flour
1/2 c water
1/3 c oil
Add salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, mix, roll in parchment paper and drop into cholent.

sky

Post Thu, Jun 04 2015, 8:15 pm
My mother in law has a kishka recipe that we bake in cupcakes. It has a cornflake crumb base with flour and onion. I never put it in the cholent. It may work.

I make kishkalach from imamother. They are fantastic. You drop the balls directly into the cholent. Its flour, water, oil and spices.

workaholicmama

Post Thu, Jun 04 2015, 8:58 pm
From "The Balabusta's Choice 2" pg 218 chulent kishke supreme:
5 lbs. Flour
4 cups water
4 cups oil
3.5 cups sugar
4 Tbsp salt
4 Tbsp garlic powder
4 Tbsp paprika
2 Tbsp black pepper
Squeeze of ketchup

Combine all ingredients in mixes with dough hook. Form dough into 3 rolls. Wet parchment paper to soften and wrap each roll in parchment paper.
Place rolls in deep roaster pan. Add water to cover rolls. Add 1/4 cup oil, 1/2 tsp eaxh of salt, white pepper, and paprika. Cover tightly and bake for 1.5 hrs on 350. Turn over rolls. Cover tightly and bake an additional 1.5 hrs.
Note: challa must be taken from this dough.

My personal notes:
A. Instead of Garlic powder, I use fresh Garlic, lots of em... I process a whole head of garlic cloves....
B. My rav said to take challah without a brocha.
C. When cool, I slice the kishke and freeze in baggies of several slices. Whenever DH is in the mood, I take out a bag, microwave it, and if I have chicken gravy etc, its delicious!!
For shabbos I drop it into chulent in triple bags cause I have a celiac kid who wouldn't be able to eat the chulent otherwise.

lili

Post Fri, Jun 05 2015, 3:30 am
thanks so much everyone for your help

I think I will try momoto2's this week and then make workaholicmama's next sometime next week.
dont like taking my mixer out on friday's Wink

shanie5

Post Tue, Jun 09 2015, 7:54 pm
kishkelach:
2 tsp paprika
1 tblsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup boiling water
1 1/2 cups flour

put in a bowl in order given. mix. will form ball. either put in chulent as is (do not wrap) or make into little balls and put in chulent. adds lots of flavor

chaya35

Post Tue, Jun 09 2015, 8:41 pm
shanie5 wrote:
kishkelach:
2 tsp paprika
1 tblsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup boiling water
1 1/2 cups flour

put in a bowl in order given. mix. will form ball. either put in chulent as is (do not wrap) or make into little balls and put in chulent. adds lots of flavor

This recipe is so easy & delicious.

sped

Post Tue, Jun 09 2015, 9:35 pm
Yes! So easy and a real hit every week. I even make it with ww flour and it comes out delicious.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes