Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
What laundry do you hang out to dry?

Nothing  
 4%  [ 2 ]
Stockings and delicates only  
 10%  [ 5 ]
Stockings, delicates, shirts and blouses only  
 39%  [ 18 ]
Everything except towels  
 6%  [ 3 ]
Everything including towels  
 23%  [ 11 ]
I don't do my own laundry  
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other - I will post so I don't leave you hanging  
 15%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 46

amother
Maroon

Post Sat, Jun 06 2015, 7:03 pm

Scrabble123

Post Sat, Jun 06 2015, 7:22 pm
Everything except for cotton underwear and towels. If you place two dryer sheets in the dryer you can dry most items and delicate without an issue though including tights.

tweety1

Post Sat, Jun 06 2015, 8:23 pm
Most of my laundry I hang to dry. Underwear, babys undershirts, towels, and linen are the only things that get into the dryer. Any type of clothing including tights I hang to dry. Its always safer to hang dry than dryer. If you have an article of clothing with a stain and you dry it its there to stay cuz a dryer (and iron) sets stains in.

lucky14

Post Sat, Jun 06 2015, 8:26 pm
Everything except towels and socks

ra_mom

Post Sat, Jun 06 2015, 8:26 pm
I machine dry all cotton underwear, towels, linen, some pj's, most cotton socks and tights...

I air dry all clothing, nighties, opaque tights, pantyhose, bras, tablecloths...

mfb

Post Sat, Jun 06 2015, 8:31 pm
Machine- socks underwear, pjs, linen, towels
Air- all clothing

mandr

Post Sat, Jun 06 2015, 8:51 pm
The way you wrote "hang out to dry" was unclear to me whether you meant "hanging outside" or "hanging". I hang everything besides for underwear (excluding lingerie), baby underwear, socks, towels and linen.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sat, Jun 06 2015, 10:14 pm
Only my husband's shabbat shirts and things that I dont want to shrink. Everything else gets dried in the drier.

amother
Maroon

Post Sat, Jun 06 2015, 10:38 pm
mandr wrote:
The way you wrote "hang out to dry" was unclear to me whether you meant "hanging outside" or "hanging". I hang everything besides for underwear (excluding lingerie), baby underwear, socks, towels and linen.

I think it depends if you live in an area where you have room to hang it outside.

vicki

Post Sat, Jun 06 2015, 10:40 pm
In trying to lower our electric bill I started hanging EVERYTHING. I put the Beit Shemesh sun to good use.
And our bill went down dramatically.
The only time I still use the dryer is when it's been raining for a few days in a row. Then I'll throw the towels and sheets in the dryer. Still hang the other clothes indoors with a fan blowing at the clothes. Usually dry by morning.

And, yes, the towels come out like sandpaper but we manage. Very Happy

MagentaYenta

Post Sat, Jun 06 2015, 10:40 pm
I hang everything outside but sheets. During the winter I hang inside. There is a 2 month window before it gets cool enough to heat and those are the months I depend on my dryer.

sped

Post Sun, Jun 07 2015, 1:08 am
Everything, but I don't have a dryer. In the winter when I am really desperate, I use an electric radiator for urgent things.

DrMom

Post Sun, Jun 07 2015, 3:43 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Only my husband's shabbat shirts and things that I dont want to shrink. Everything else gets dried in the drier.

This.

Much clothing here in Israel is not pre-shrunk.

I either buy large and shrink it myself on purpose in the dryer, or line-dry.

Last edited by DrMom on Sun, Jun 07 2015, 6:02 am; edited 1 time in total

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Jun 07 2015, 4:14 am
vicki wrote:
In trying to lower our electric bill I started hanging EVERYTHING. I put the Beit Shemesh sun to good use.
And our bill went down dramatically.
The only time I still use the dryer is when it's been raining for a few days in a row. Then I'll throw the towels and sheets in the dryer. Still hang the other clothes indoors with a fan blowing at the clothes. Usually dry by morning.

And, yes, the towels come out like sandpaper but we manage. Very Happy
Interesting. We tried that for a while but it didnt seem to make any amount of difference in our electric bill.

Ruchel

Post Sun, Jun 07 2015, 5:02 am
I hang everything but nothing outside. It's on a dryer rack in the living room and/or a kid room.

invisiblecircus

Post Mon, Jun 15 2015, 1:18 pm
Ruchel wrote:
I hang everything but nothing outside. It's on a dryer rack in the living room and/or a kid room.

Same here.

Vickil wrote:
And, yes, the towels come out like sandpaper but we manage..

Am I the only one who likes them like that? Very Happy

imachossid

Post Mon, Jun 15 2015, 1:23 pm
I hang to dry stockings, delicates & pleated skirts.

zaq

Post Mon, Jun 15 2015, 2:44 pm
If by "out" you mean on a line out-of-doors, don't I wish! Nothing smells fresher than laundry dried by the sun in open air. But we have no place to hang a clothesline. All my laundry is air-dried on racks inside our apt. All of it. We do the occasional emergency commercial dryer load when we must have something stat, as in "traveling oot the day after TishaBav".

silly

Post Mon, Jun 15 2015, 2:49 pm
skirts , tights akd some delicates , in my house
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry