Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Son's Bar Mitzvah during the 9 days

odchai

Post Mon, Jun 08 2015, 5:12 am
We did ask a Rav about having a Bar Mitzvah during the 9 days aside from it being a seudat mitzvah my son is also making a siyum, but I want to hear about others who have made Bar Mitzvahs during this time. I'm sure we are not the first. His actual birthday is 7 Av, what have others done? Postponed the seuda till after Tisha B'Av? Or had it at the right time?

LisaS

Post Mon, Jun 08 2015, 5:44 am
The families I know of with a bar mitzvah in the nine days postponed till 10th of Av. One boy gave a speech all about the beit hamikdash, describing it, which was very meaningful on that day. On the 10th of Av people are in a frame of mind to celebrate. On 7th, not really.

Mazal tov, you should have much nachas from your son, and may it go well whenever you choose to mark the occasion.

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, Jun 08 2015, 7:21 am
My boys put on Teffilin 30 days before their Bar Mitzva so we did the affair on that day.

On his birthday we did a small seuda for immediate family even though we had a siyum we served fish. Most of my family members will not eat meat during the nine days even if there is a siyum.

We did do his kiddush on Shabbos Chazon as that was his Bar Mitzva Parsha.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics