Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
That's it!! I'm going on a diet! You with me?
1  2  Next

JMM-uc

Post Mon, Jun 08 2015, 3:23 pm
I gained 30 pounds Puke

From now on we're all eating lettuce! breakfast lunch and supper.

If you're good you can have a carrot.

singlemom

Post Mon, Jun 08 2015, 3:24 pm
I'm joining ...I'll add some spices too

debsey

Post Mon, Jun 08 2015, 3:26 pm
JMM-uc wrote:
I gained 30 pounds Puke

From now on we're all eating lettuce! breakfast lunch and supper.

If you're good you can have a carrot.

HUG! BTDT!
Hug
But your diet is a recipe for cheating, bingeing, feeling worse about yourself, and then gaining more weight.

Add in some protein, some complex carbs, and a bit of healthy fat.

Add in at least 30 min of cardio and some strength training daily.

Weigh yourself once a week.

Sign up to MyFitnessPal or any other website that lets you track what you eat, or buy a smartwatch fitness tracker.

You'll get there - I'm cheering for you!

debsey

JMM-uc

Post Mon, Jun 08 2015, 3:43 pm
Anyone that's not joining is a WIMP Tongue Out

myself

Post Mon, Jun 08 2015, 3:49 pm
JMM-uc wrote:
Anyone that's not joining is a WIMP Tongue Out

Yeah, Whipping cream, Ice cream, Marshmallows, Peanut chews? LOL

myself

Post Mon, Jun 08 2015, 3:53 pm
Sorry, I didn't mean to break your diet...

Kol hakavod for taking steps to improve your weight. There's a large variety of foods between lettuce and carrots, and those in my post above. Make a sensible plan and stick to it.
10 bonus points if you do some physical activity too!

Good luck!

rainbow dash

Post Mon, Jun 08 2015, 4:07 pm
count me in

workaholicmama

Post Mon, Jun 08 2015, 4:30 pm
Me too! Any weekly weigh ins on the agenda?

silly

Post Mon, Jun 08 2015, 5:29 pm
I need to lose weight emergency

musicmom

Post Mon, Jun 08 2015, 8:02 pm
I would love to loose 20 lbs. I am so excited to talk to other moms. When will you find time to exercise? It is either that or get the kids dressed too late for school. Every time I try I end up shirking my everlasting responsibilities in the home...

Bruria

Post Mon, Jun 08 2015, 8:27 pm
I'm in! We should all share how much weight we lost in a month Very Happy

real israeli

Post Mon, Jun 08 2015, 8:38 pm
I'm in too! Though no scale at home. Im working with skirt sizes. Looking to drop a size

JMM-uc

Post Tue, Jun 09 2015, 2:19 am
What are y'all eating for breakfast this morning?

sped

Post Tue, Jun 09 2015, 2:36 am
musicmom wrote:
I would love to loose 20 lbs. I am so excited to talk to other moms. When will you find time to exercise? It is either that or get the kids dressed too late for school. Every time I try I end up shirking my everlasting responsibilities in the home...

My friend did exercises with her kids. They would all get down on the floor and join her.

maapse

Post Tue, Jun 09 2015, 2:38 am
I am trying to lose 25 pounds. I am starting today. I weighed myself yesterday and I will update how many pounds I have lost each Monday.

Here goes....

rachelle613

Post Tue, Jun 09 2015, 4:59 am
I'm in too! Desperate to fit into some of my clothes!!

Happy 2B

Post Tue, Jun 09 2015, 8:04 am
JMM-uc wrote:
What are y'all eating for breakfast this morning?

I thought we are only allowed lettuce?

JMM-uc

Post Tue, Jun 09 2015, 8:06 am
Happy 2B wrote:
I thought we are only allowed lettuce?

Good girl!

OneSource

Post Tue, Jun 09 2015, 8:09 am
In! Although, for the sake of full disclosure, I've been in for two weeks. I am 7 weeks postpartum and trying to lose baby weight. 42 lbs down, 20 more to go! I'm eating horribly healthy (for me, yuck!) Smoothie for breakfast (blueberries, a banana and some fat free milk and yogurt) and coffee (necessary for my life). For lunch, a salad with as much leafy greens as I can manage plus some kidney beans, baby corn, cherry tomatoes etc., and for dinner, grilled chicken or grilled turkey and some steamed veggies. Snack time is baby carrots (give a satisfying crunch that almost reminds me of chips!) and some fruit (anything that's a melon or berry.) I hit the gym four to five times per week (twice a week is a 60 min personal trainer and the other days, I do my 'homework' and work out according to her instructions, like rowing machine for 20 mins plus treadmill on steep incline for 20 mins.)

For those moms who say it's impossible to do what I am - it's just not true! I precook my food on Sunday so I have my healthy meats all weeks. Salad, I cut a bunch of veggies at a shot so I am set for a few days lunches. Smoothies, I make enough at a time for 2 mornings in a row. Gym - I'm there Sunday mornings at 7am while the hubby watches the kids and then I go after working 12 hour days and getting my kiddos to sleep, at 10pm when the gym has emptied out. I'm there for 40 mins and home, showered and in bed by 11:15. It's hard but doable and if it wasn't hard, it wouldn't be worth it!

Good luck ladies! YOU CAN DO IT!

allthingsblue

Post Tue, Jun 09 2015, 8:46 am
OneSource wrote:
In! Although, for the sake of full disclosure, I've been in for two weeks. I am 7 weeks postpartum and trying to lose baby weight. 42 lbs down, 20 more to go! I'm eating horribly healthy (for me, yuck!) Smoothie for breakfast (blueberries, a banana and some fat free milk and yogurt) and coffee (necessary for my life). For lunch, a salad with as much leafy greens as I can manage plus some kidney beans, baby corn, cherry tomatoes etc., and for dinner, grilled chicken or grilled turkey and some steamed veggies. Snack time is baby carrots (give a satisfying crunch that almost reminds me of chips!) and some fruit (anything that's a melon or berry.) I hit the gym four to five times per week (twice a week is a 60 min personal trainer and the other days, I do my 'homework' and work out according to her instructions, like rowing machine for 20 mins plus treadmill on steep incline for 20 mins.)

For those moms who say it's impossible to do what I am - it's just not true! I precook my food on Sunday so I have my healthy meats all weeks. Salad, I cut a bunch of veggies at a shot so I am set for a few days lunches. Smoothies, I make enough at a time for 2 mornings in a row. Gym - I'm there Sunday mornings at 7am while the hubby watches the kids and then I go after working 12 hour days and getting my kiddos to sleep, at 10pm when the gym has emptied out. I'm there for 40 mins and home, showered and in bed by 11:15. It's hard but doable and if it wasn't hard, it wouldn't be worth it!

Good luck ladies! YOU CAN DO IT!

You are an inspiration! I hope you achieve the results you desire- you certainly deserve it after all your devotion and hard work! Keep it up!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics