Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
That's it!! I'm going on a diet! You with me?
Previous  1  2

Happy 2B

Post Tue, Jun 09 2015, 9:07 am
allthingsblue wrote:
You are an inspiration! I hope you achieve the results you desire- you certainly deserve it after all your devotion and hard work! Keep it up!

All I can say is WOW!! Especially 7 weeks pp! I'm 10 months pp and not where you are! Truly amazing! Keep it up!!

Edited for typo

frw

Post Tue, Jun 09 2015, 9:35 am
One source. Wow you're amazing. I'm struggling with 50 lbs. For 10 years now. Just a silly question. Why do you need to hit the gym at 7:00 a.m on Sunday? That's mighty early. Most ppl. Still sleeping then

champion

Post Tue, Jun 09 2015, 9:41 am
wow onesource! your my inspo.
I've managed to do this too but you mentioned kids and I have one.
I wonder what I will be like when I am at your stage. I always look up to people like you for reassurance that it is still possible.

sky

Post Tue, Jun 09 2015, 10:39 am
JMM-uc wrote:
What are y'all eating for breakfast this morning?

Blueberry lemon oatmeal with a coffee.
http://www.imamother.com/forum.....21304

It keeps me full until lunch.

I gardened a lot yesterday. Is that considered exercise? I am so Charley horse...that is not a good sign.

OneSource

Post Tue, Jun 09 2015, 3:30 pm
To the poster who asked why I hit the gym at 7am on Sundays - it's simple really. My children are not kids at all. They're roosters. They rise at the crack of dawn and believe mommy and daddy like to play with them at the ungodly hour of 6am. If I actually got to sleep late on a Sunday, the gym appt would never happen. But, since I am already up, I might as well get out before other people do and get my fitness goals met quickly so I can spend the day at the beach with my children or head over to the zoo, etc. Sundays are family time so I try to get finished for myself early enough that we can have a whole day together without them missing me.

By the way, another good dietary breakfast idea is what I had this morning - a sautéed salad of portobello mushrooms, onions, tomatoes, spinach and basil wrapped in what seems to be an egg omelet (just egg whites) with a smattering of cheddar cheese (yeah, I know - bad for you BUT I need some calories when nursing so much). Really good!

OneSource

Post Tue, Jun 09 2015, 3:33 pm
champion wrote:
wow onesource! your my inspo.
I've managed to do this too but you mentioned kids and I have one.
I wonder what I will be like when I am at your stage. I always look up to people like you for reassurance that it is still possible.

You can totally do it! Mommies come last (from my experience) but after my third, I decided that I can't come last anymore and it's time to prioritize my health overall so if that means sleeping a little less but feeling stronger, it's worth it! The trick is to find time. Mom's are superheroes. We just don't wear the cape because it makes men feel uncomfortable and red isn't quite everyones color. I try to hit the gym when the kids are sleeping so they don't notice I'm not there.

Kfar

Post Wed, Jun 10 2015, 1:27 am
I'm in too! And gardening is definitely exercise in my opinion. DD got engaged on Sunday, and week before I gardened like crazy to make things look nice for the l'chaim. Day of I was really hurting all over, but did manage to lose a bit (and true physical exhaustion cuts down on the appetite I've found). Do we weigh in each week?

JMM-uc

Post Thu, Jun 11 2015, 7:06 am
Who knew they sell lettuce in ice cream cups?

#onlyinisrael

Tzutzie

Post Thu, Jun 11 2015, 10:42 am
After reading this thread last night, I said to myself, IM IN! but this morning, I has rugelach for breakfast Confused I just plain forgot!
Im the biggest I've ever been. I'm 3.5 months postpartum and still wearing my maternity skirts embarrassed embarrassed embarrassed

So here I start I over.
Here's the plan.

3 meals
2 snacks
No more than one treat a day (I'd be skinny real soon if I kept to that)
LOTS of water.
Only decent healthy food.
Exercise 15 minutes daily and build it up from there.

If I eat regular meals I loose my milk and it's more important to me to bf than to be thin. So its more about eating more healthy. And getting fit.
And I will experiment with veggies again. (It gave baby gas. So slowly I'll try to reintroduce.)

Bruria

Post Mon, Jun 15 2015, 11:02 pm
Already lost a few pounds, mostly on a low carb diet! How is everyone doing?

OneSource

Post Wed, Jun 24 2015, 10:52 am
Hey Ladies! Anyone still with the diet? Any results yet (the good, bad and ugly)?

I'm still with the healthy eating and working out routine. Getting kind of bored with the same simple meals, every single day. Mixed things up a bit and made chana masala with brown rice for lunch today.

Not checking the scale. Don't want to see what my numbers are. Instead, I am measuring my progress by how loose my clothes are getting and how much stronger I feel when throwing my son (who is 27lbs) up in the air.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics