Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Selling brand new Shevy sheitel
1  2  Next

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Jun 08 2015, 6:26 pm
How much do you think I can sell a brand new Shevy for that I wore a handful of times? Original price 3400-3600. Any recommendations on how to sell? Thanks.

Anon because I've been discussing this in real life.

edited for typo

livinginisrael

Post Mon, Jun 08 2015, 6:57 pm
What color and what length? And why you selling

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Jun 08 2015, 7:01 pm
OP here. Brown. A 4 with highlights in an 8 I think. It is a gorgeous, silky sheitel, the cut just doesn't suit me :-(. It is officially a 16 inches but seems to be longer, more like an 18.

R123

Post Mon, Jun 08 2015, 7:04 pm
Contact a sheitle consignment seller; this one is having a good deal on her consignment fee if you sell a Shevy: https://www.facebook.com/Lenaswigs?fref=ts

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Jun 08 2015, 7:06 pm
OP again. Thank you!!

amother
Periwinkle

Post Mon, Jun 08 2015, 7:27 pm
I own a 16 uh uhh inch sgevy that I got about two years ago for 2800. Not sure what prices are now but I wouldn't buy a used one for that price

amother
Periwinkle

Post Mon, Jun 08 2015, 7:28 pm
amother wrote:
I own a 16 inch sgevy that I got about two years ago for 2800. Not sure what prices are now but I wouldn't buy a used one for that price

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Jun 08 2015, 7:33 pm
OP here. I paid between 3400 and 3600. I wouldn't resell it for that price of course!

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, Jun 08 2015, 8:13 pm
amother wrote:
OP here. I paid between 3400 and 3600. I wouldn't resell it for that price of course!
How did you end up paying so much for that sheital?!? I own one longer than that and the same colors. Mine is their top of the line and it is beautiful and silky. I paid $2800 at Shevy.

lucky14

Post Mon, Jun 08 2015, 8:13 pm
woah are sheitels different prices in different parts of the country? My Shevy was nowhere near that amount and it was a more expensive one since it was cut b yone of their stylist people.

Chavas

Post Mon, Jun 08 2015, 8:17 pm
You can have it recut.

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, Jun 08 2015, 8:18 pm
lucky14 wrote:
woah are sheitels different prices in different parts of the country? My Shevy was nowhere near that amount and it was a more expensive one since it was cut b yone of their stylist people.

I am thinking they are marked up drastically when they are not bought direct. As I said buying directly appears to be cheaper.

Chayalle

Post Tue, Jun 09 2015, 9:18 am
I imagine they are marked up when sold by a sheitel macher because she also makes a profit. Some people like to buy from a sheitel macher, not direct, because they feel their sheitel macher will help them choose a nice piece.....they may also like her cut...and she will also go to bat for them if they have a problem with it.

ETA: and not everyone lives in the NY area.....

nyer1

Post Tue, Jun 09 2015, 9:25 am
just realize that you are going to lose a huge amount of money when you try to sell, no matter how beautiful and new it is. consignment places will sell it quickly but will take anywhere from 30-50% of the profit, and they won't even be able to sell it for the amount you bought it for. if the only issue is that you don't like how it was cut, take it to a really great sheital macher and either have it recut or turn it into a band fall.

put it this way - I told a tori wig, practically brand new, that I originally bought for 1400. she sold it for 1k and I got 500. it was nice to get the money so quickly without having to do anything, but I lost a decent amount of money. again, the wig was practically brand new.

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Jun 09 2015, 9:41 am
I just bought a Shevy 2 wks ago for 2700 at a top Shaitel macher, it was not direct from company. Someone took you for a ride.

amother
Maroon

Post Tue, Jun 09 2015, 9:47 am
Um. I paid 2,000 for a 9 inch Kiki and my friend paid 2,200 for an 11 inch shevy. the OP's price makes sense since it's $200 dollars more for each additional inch so if it's 16/18 inches that another 1,000-1,200 plus her shaitel macher may charge more than mine for a cut (which is only $150)
There are also different versions and prices for shevys.

Raisin

Post Tue, Jun 09 2015, 11:33 am
I don't think its that much more expensive to buy a shevy from a sheitle macher, unless the sheitel macher is very very far from NY. Sheitle machers generally buy sheitles at a discount from the wholesaler, (shevy) and this is their profit. So if you buy a sheitle direct from shevy it is say 1500. A sheitle macher might buy it for 1000 and sell it for 1500 or whatever she thinks best. (obviously different sheitle machers will charge different amounts) I bought a shevy once from a sheitle macher for about $1200 (quite a few years ago) and she told me shevy was upset with her that she sold them for so little. They want sheitle machers to charge a certain mark up.

OP, can you ask Shevy to help you? eg if you cut bangs maybe they could replace the bangs with longer hairs. Seems a tremendous shame. You can definitely get back some of the money, but certainly not all.

You can also try selling your wig on a local fb group.

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Jun 09 2015, 11:41 am
I paid $2800 for a 24" Shevy in the same colors as OP a few years and mine is an MB which is the top of the line. She was definitely taken for a ride. The sad part is that she is unhappy with it. I also got a sheital box and a styling kit.

werty

Post Tue, Jun 09 2015, 2:57 pm
Independant sheitel machers can change the hair where the cut is not good and recut it for you. If it's so long, surely there is what to work with! Your sheitel macher can send it to Shevy to have the hair replaced where necessary.

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Jun 09 2015, 3:19 pm
werty wrote:
Independant sheitel machers can change the hair where the cut is not good and recut it for you. If it's so long, surely there is what to work with! Your sheitel macher can send it to Shevy to have the hair replaced where necessary.

She should deal with shevy direct. This women over charges
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics