Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Need advice on bands for wedding

mema613

Post Tue, Jun 09 2015, 7:13 pm
As I mentioned in a prior post, I am shouldering the full cost of the wedding of my daughter getting nothing from the other side. I am in the process of searching for the hall and now am seeking recommendations for the band. Firstly, is there really such a difference between a one man band and one with many pieces? Someone I spoke with recommended a separate singer in conjunction with the person on the keyboard plus one other piece. So I need to find out costs for one man band and a 3 piece band and in general what the cost structure is for the music part of the wedding.

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Jun 09 2015, 8:51 pm
Our one man band included a singer. Many will, or for a minimal fee. You don't have to also line up a "singer".

nicole81

Post Tue, Jun 09 2015, 9:18 pm
I did a 3-piece band for my wedding last year and I'm so glad we did. I had a one man band for my first wedding and have been to plenty of simchas with them, and you really can't compare. There are some amazing one-man bands out there though, better than what I've heard live, but these top guys also charge more and I honestly didn't pay so much more for my 3 pieces... One man bands I priced started at $500 and went up to $1400 (plus $250 for singers!)

watergirl

Post Tue, Jun 09 2015, 10:45 pm
If you want a recommendation, unless you are willing to fly a band in, a location is helpful.
As for 1 man bands, I've been to a number of wedding with them, and because the guy was on the mens sode, I had no idea it was just one guy - they all sounded like a full band. Only after when my husband mentioned the guys equipment did I learn it was a one man band. I think its a great way to save money.

mema613

Post Wed, Jun 10 2015, 11:53 am
watergirl wrote:
If you want a recommendation, unless you are willing to fly a band in, a location is helpful.
As for 1 man bands, I've been to a number of wedding with them, and because the guy was on the mens sode, I had no idea it was just one guy - they all sounded like a full band. Only after when my husband mentioned the guys equipment did I learn it was a one man band. I think its a great way to save money.

We will probably have the wedding in Brooklyn.

mema613

Post Wed, Jun 10 2015, 11:54 am
nicole81 wrote:
I did a 3-piece band for my wedding last year and I'm so glad we did. I had a one man band for my first wedding and have been to plenty of simchas with them, and you really can't compare. There are some amazing one-man bands out there though, better than what I've heard live, but these top guys also charge more and I honestly didn't pay so much more for my 3 pieces... One man bands I priced started at $500 and went up to $1400 (plus $250 for singers!)

Who did you you use and how much was the 3 piece band?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics