Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
What do women that shave wear when swimming? serious
1  2  Next

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Jun 10 2015, 6:25 am
I had no idea where to post this.
I am one of those who shave and I wanna go swimming, what can I wear, I don't want to wear a bathing cap and look all bold, should wear a regular snood? what do most people do that it shouldnt look to bad or obvious.?

Maya

Post Wed, Jun 10 2015, 6:29 am
I've seen women wear a bathing cap that has height and fullness, almost like a turban. I don't know where you live, but I'd imagine Heimishe NY stores would sell them.

Iymnok

Post Wed, Jun 10 2015, 6:29 am
Bathing cap and if you want, a pretied on top.

Last edited by Iymnok on Wed, Jun 10 2015, 6:35 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Wed, Jun 10 2015, 6:31 am
I have seen bathing pre tied bananas, regular pre tieds, turbans and of course the bold bathing caps. I don't shave.

amother
Chocolate

Post Wed, Jun 10 2015, 8:15 am
Chenille head covering

bat1

Post Wed, Jun 10 2015, 8:16 am
what is that/

amother
Red

Post Wed, Jun 10 2015, 8:31 am
I love the swim pretied bandana .

amother
Chocolate

Post Wed, Jun 10 2015, 8:38 am
bat1 wrote:
what is that/

this is a chenille head covering. they make smaller, lined ones for ppl who shave and can be bought in any chassidishe area like bp, willi, monsey and monroe

bat1

Post Wed, Jun 10 2015, 8:45 am
isnt that a regular snood?

amother
Chocolate

Post Wed, Jun 10 2015, 9:08 am
bat1 wrote:
isnt that a regular snood?

no. it's not snoods come in a variety of textures the material above is a chenille style. snoods are for ppl with hair and the chenille im talking about is specially made for ppl who shave and is lined and for chassidishe people v. snoods which cater to a different crowd although they do make chenille snoods too

Maya

Post Wed, Jun 10 2015, 9:09 am
How is a chenille snood appropriate or convenient for swimming?

Iymnok

Post Wed, Jun 10 2015, 9:13 am
I didn't know that we aren't supposed to wear that Scratching Head
It's very common in the Litvish part of my community. With a lining too. It's a cute snood across the board, it's not biased.

Barbara

Post Wed, Jun 10 2015, 9:17 am
amother wrote:
I had no idea where to post this.
I am one of those who shave and I wanna go swimming, what can I wear, I don't want to wear a bathing cap and look all bold, should wear a regular snood? what do most people do that it shouldnt look to bad or obvious.?

I bet I'm the last person you thought could help you out. Cool I

Try these:

http://www.headcovers.com/show.....-one/

http://www.headcovers.com/turban-bathing-cap/

http://www.headcovers.com/gath.....rban/

http://www.headcovers.com/retr.....rban/

tigerwife

Post Wed, Jun 10 2015, 9:19 am
I asked an Israeli shop-owner what the difference was between the lines and unlined snoods (the lined ones cost like ten shek more) and she told me its for people who are makpid on a double covering.

Either way, I agree with Maya- it seems very inconvenient to swim in since it will get soggy and heavy and likely to fall off. A waterproof bandana sounds better (or maybe one of those cool retro swim caps!)

tigerwife

Post Wed, Jun 10 2015, 9:21 am

Sadie

Post Wed, Jun 10 2015, 9:23 am
Maya wrote:
How is a chenille snood appropriate or convenient for swimming?

A lot of pools will not let you enter if you're wearing something that's not swimsuit material. One of the last times I swam I was wearing a tshirt and the lifeguard told me I had to take it off.
I used to swim in the municipal pool in Williamsburg and although it was a while ago I think I remember the Chassidishe ladies wearing all kinds of coverups of different materials. The pool did strictly enforce a bathing cap rule though, and I think that's what everyone did. OP, I think that's your best bet. You could try to find something like this that gives more volume:

Swim Cap

amother
Chocolate

Post Wed, Jun 10 2015, 9:45 am
Sadie wrote:
A lot of pools will not let you enter if you're wearing something that's not swimsuit material. One of the last times I swam I was wearing a tshirt and the lifeguard told me I had to take it off.
I used to swim in the municipal pool in Williamsburg and although it was a while ago I think I remember the Chassidishe ladies wearing all kinds of coverups of different materials. The pool did strictly enforce a bathing cap rule though, and I think that's what everyone did. OP, I think that's your best bet. You could try to find something like this that gives more volume:

Swim Cap

in my experience the chenille is the easiest, safest thing to swim with besides for the regular speedo swim cap.

amother
Chocolate

Post Wed, Jun 10 2015, 9:46 am
tigerwife wrote:
I asked an Israeli shop-owner what the difference was between the lines and unlined snoods (the lined ones cost like ten shek more) and she told me its for people who are makpid on a double covering.

Either way, I agree with Maya- it seems very inconvenient to swim in since it will get soggy and heavy and likely to fall off. A waterproof bandana sounds better (or maybe one of those cool retro swim caps!)

the unlined cheilles are see through and hte lined ones are smaller made especially for people who shave. if you have hair it won't fit in the chassidishe chenilles its made for shavers. yes there ar elined ones made for those makpid on double covering but the chenille im talking about is tiny tiny its chassidish

amother
Peach

Post Wed, Jun 10 2015, 9:46 am
tigerwife wrote:

Love this.

I saw it for kids on Amazon and wanted to buy it for one of my little girls.

It is so retro that it is adorable. I hated these types of caps when I was little but now it is cute.

silly

Post Wed, Jun 10 2015, 10:27 am
u can buy a special swim bandana
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette