Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Seamstress in lakewood/reasonable

sourstix

Post Wed, Jun 10 2015, 1:18 pm
I went to zober cleaners in shoprite plaza. I am looking for a cleaners thats reasonable, has a seamstress on premises. and is good at mending. (and is close to cedarbridge if at all possible not a must.) I was charged last time 8$ for cutting weekday pants and making a hem no cuff. but I suspect its on the cheaper side. I dont wnat to go to that person I want a place I can go when its good for me. that woman works from home.

lkwdlady

Post Wed, Jun 10 2015, 1:38 pm
I also don't like going to people's homes when we need to make appointments for drop off and pick up. However the price difference is huge. While the cleaners will charge $14 for a simple hem a women from her home will charge $5-$6. I still use the cleaners for convenience but if you wait till you have a few things it's worth it to find someone you like even though she works from home. I use best cleaners by Shloimy's. The lady who sews is always there.

hadas15

Post Wed, Jun 10 2015, 1:46 pm
The cleaners on 5th & Madison- I think its Classy Cleaners, is extremely well priced

sourstix

Post Wed, Jun 10 2015, 1:46 pm
[quote="lkwdlady"]I also don't like going to people's homes when we need to make appointments for drop off and pick up. However the price difference is huge. While the cleaners will charge $14 for a simple hem a women from her home will charge $5-$6. I still use the cleaners for convenience but if you wait till you have a few things it's worth it to find someone you like even though she works from home. I use best cleaners by Shloimy's. The lady who sews is always there.[/quote]

wow! who do you know that charges 5 bucks for a hem on pants? shloimys I usually dont go there is that shloimy kosher world?

sourstix

Post Wed, Jun 10 2015, 1:49 pm
[quote="hadas15"]The cleaners on 5th & Madison- I think its Classy Cleaners, is extremely well priced[/quote] and do they have a seamstress on the place? I went somewhere they didnt have a seamstress and I had a pile of pants and I didnt measure from the top and the girl taking stuff didnt understand that the seamstress would need to do it. she gave me such a hard time. that why I am looking for a place that has one on premises. thanks so much for your help.

naturalmom5

Post Wed, Jun 10 2015, 2:32 pm
Baila Shifra Mayer
Either go to the store she work 4th and Clifton his place or go to her apt 4th and private at nite

sourstix

Post Thu, Jun 11 2015, 5:50 am
thank you natural mom
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics