Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Help! Facial hair

imachossid

Post Thu, Jun 11 2015, 1:10 am
I feel like the only woman with facial hair. If anyone else has/had it, please say how you get rid of it. It really makes me feel disgusting. Help

amother
Wine

Post Thu, Jun 11 2015, 2:28 am
I got rid of facial hair on the chin with electrolysis - absolutely best thing I ever did. At first you have to go back often, and it can be expensive, but it lasts forever.
Before that I was doing a mixture of plucking, waxing, bleaching - it was always on my mind and I was very self-concious.

And moustache hair I get waxed once every 2 months or so.

I know people who have also done laser removal on facial hair, but I was once told it can sometimes be unsuccessful.

PassionFruit

Post Thu, Jun 11 2015, 6:46 am
Hi
I have struggled with facial hair for a long time. Here are my tips:
1. go to an endocrinologist and check for PCOS and any hormonal imbalances. Sometimes you can take hormone pill and it goes away [or birth control]
2. There is a topical cream for hair that a dermatologist. Downside is you cannot use it when you are pregnant or ttc or nursing
3. Know that laser and electrolysis DO NOT work for hormonal problems. You are throwing money down the drain
4. When all else fails, you just have to obsessively wax and tweeze, and know that there are much worse problems out there.

Good luck

rosebunch

Post Thu, Jun 11 2015, 8:42 am
Story of my life!
I was completely clear of facial hair before I got married by successfully eliminating it through electrolysis.
Once I became pregnant and gave birth it was a total new face full of dark black facial hair. My electrolysis woman told me that since it's hormonal, it's a waste of time and money to try to get rid of it as it'll always keep coming back when pregnant..
I now consistently bleach it. Typically about once in 2 months and it works pretty well.
Bear in mind that waxing toughens the roots so the hair grows back stronger and darker. With bleaching, I found that after a while the hairs thin out.

amother
Maroon

Post Thu, Jun 11 2015, 10:02 am
Anon because I am sooooo embarrassed about my "beard". I have had heavy hair on my chin since I was a teenager. I tried waxing, plucking, and looked into electrolysis and laser. Waxing doesn't work for me bc you have to wait until you have a certain length of hair to wax it. I couldn't deal with leaving the house like that!! Electrolysis didn't work for me- I guess it's the hormonal component, and I'm not a candidate for laser bc my hair is blonde blonde and apparently the laser can't "see" it. So I shave. People think it's gross, but it works very well. I shave every day, it's painless, quick and my face is smooth every day. The only time I have a hard time is 3 day yom tov. Thank G'd dh loves me just the way I am!

amother
Copper

Post Thu, Jun 11 2015, 1:20 pm
I also have very light colored facial hair and I have had a lot of success with the Emjoi epilator. It really slows down the growth. I used to do it every week and now I haven't done it in over a month and I still don't have.

granolamom

Post Thu, Jun 11 2015, 1:45 pm
I just read in the NY Times styles section today about women who regularly dry shave their faces to get rid of any peach fuzz, sideburns, lip hair, etc. apparently this is becoming something women -and not only women with a 'facial hair problem'- do as part of their regular grooming routine. (at least per the NYT). they recommended a razor called the Tinkle

imachossid

Post Thu, Jun 11 2015, 2:09 pm
amother wrote:
So I shave. People think it's gross, but it works very well. I shave every day, it's painless, quick and my face is smooth every day. The only time I have a hard time is 3 day yom tov.
Hug
What kind of shaver do you use? Does it grow back thicker & darker?

imachossid

Post Thu, Jun 11 2015, 2:12 pm
granolamom wrote:
I just read in the NY Times styles section today about women who regularly dry shave their faces to get rid of any peach fuzz, sideburns, lip hair, etc. apparently this is becoming something women

What does it mean to dry shave?

blondie

Post Thu, Jun 11 2015, 2:52 pm
I think I once got the Tinkle brand razor as a free gift when I bought a beauty product.
It is for facial hair but more specifically hard to maneuver small spots like around your lips, right under your nose, between your eyebrows. You could use it for larger areas of your face but you'd prob need to replace more often as it will get dull. It feels like brushing your skin with a makeup brush but it's a safe little razor, looks feminine, and you use it dry (no lather, no cream). Very handy.

imachossid

Post Wed, Jun 17 2015, 5:35 pm
blondie wrote:
I think I once got the Tinkle brand razor as a free gift when I bought a beauty product.
It is for facial hair but more specifically hard to maneuver small spots like around your lips, right under your nose, between your eyebrows. You could use it for larger areas of your face but you'd prob need to replace more often as it will get dull. It feels like brushing your skin with a makeup brush but it's a safe little razor, looks feminine, and you use it dry (no lather, no cream). Very handy.
How do you use it?

imachossid

Post Wed, Sep 09 2015, 1:03 pm
Bump. Still having problems with it. It's really embarrassing. I tried the tinkle shaver, either I'm not using it correctly or it doesn't work well for me. It removes some of the hair, but not enough for me to feel comfortable to leave the house. I have hair all over my face & neck. Anyone have any tips?

imachossid

Post Wed, Sep 09 2015, 1:05 pm
Also I'm wondering if it could mean something. Should I get it checked out?

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, Sep 09 2015, 2:47 pm
I wish I can help you. I have the same problem. So far tweezing works best for me! Glad to see I'm not the only woMAN.

I'm ttc for almost 2 years. A friend of mine told me that my hormonal hair indicates that I won't be able to conceive naturally. Is that true?

amother
Apricot

Post Wed, Sep 09 2015, 3:06 pm
You can go see an endocrinologist but having hair can also just be genetic. It sucks though. I also like bleaching and laser worked but didn't last.

Amother above you should see an RE either way if you have been ttc for 2 years with no luck. Your friend is rude though.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics