Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
$2-3 kids clothes
1  2  3  4  Next

JAWSCIENCE

Post Thu, Jun 11 2015, 11:08 am
In the "name that menu" thread there is a lot of confusion over budgets because people eat more/less, do/don't include cleaning supplies in grocery budget and regional prices. However, there was a mention that someone does not believe the people who buy kids clothes for $2-3. Clothes is clothes right? (Unless you insist must be dressed in a certain brand, which I think is silly). SO if people post here whenever they buy such cheap clothes the "non-believers" could maybe benefit.

I will start with my recent purchase. Today Children's Place is taking 50% off site wide including clearance. If you add the coupon code 5PB520FY you get an additional 20% off and shipping is free. Order things from the clearance section and lots will be $2-3.

Post your finds! Then we will all have more money for groceries.

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, Jun 11 2015, 11:15 am
I believe you, but I don't want to buy those clothes. I don't complain about my grocery bill either, though. I have to say though, kudos to all you great bargain shoppers that find cute clothes for cheap!

Classicookie

Post Thu, Jun 11 2015, 11:19 am
I just got my dd (8) about 11 shirts for the summer with shipping under $50 and all but 2 were long sleeve cute tees that don't need sheels. I rhink full price would have been close to 200 Also have gotten children's place sale dresses for under 2 my rule never pay full price .Walmart has cute for baby's really cheap

amother
Brunette

Post Thu, Jun 11 2015, 11:22 am
mom2zahava wrote:
I just got my dd (8) about 11 shirts for the summer with shipping under $50 and all but 2 were long sleeve cute tees that don't need sheels. I rhink full price would have been close to 200 Also have gotten children's place sale dresses for under 2 my rule never pay full price .Walmart has cute for baby's really cheap

the point is to post where you got them! Share the wealth

JAWSCIENCE

Post Thu, Jun 11 2015, 11:32 am
mommy2b2c wrote:
I believe you, but I don't want to buy those clothes. I don't complain about my grocery bill either, though. I have to say though, kudos to all you great bargain shoppers that find cute clothes for cheap!

Is there a reason you don't like Children's Place for everyday clothes? Our clothes has been holding up decently plus I need a bunch of stuff that is not intended to be passed down - because in my DD school the little kids play outside/paint etc. I need stuff that is school only that is OK to be ruined. Not every style will work for everyone but I usually find a variety there. If you beshita hold kids must wear fancy brands or shabbos type/price clothes on a weekday then this is not the thread for you.

I get nicer clothes for shabbos usually from other places. But they are not having their sales today!

As you said in the other thread - you have the money for to pay your current bills and save a little for weddings etc., so who cares? Spend it how you want. It's more for the people posting "I don't have the money and it is IMPOSSIBLE to cut down in any area".

JAWSCIENCE

Post Thu, Jun 11 2015, 11:34 am
amother wrote:
the point is to post where you got them! Share the wealth

I think she was saying she used the Children's Place Sale all ready posted.

But yes, if it was someplace else - please post!

dancingqueen

Post Thu, Jun 11 2015, 11:43 am
JAWSCIENCE wrote:
Is there a reason you don't like Children's Place for everyday clothes? Our clothes has been holding up decently plus I need a bunch of stuff that is not intended to be passed down - because in my DD school the little kids play outside/paint etc. I need stuff that is school only that is OK to be ruined. Not every style will work for everyone but I usually find a variety there. If you beshita hold kids must wear fancy brands or shabbos type/price clothes on a weekday then this is not the thread for you.

I get nicer clothes for shabbos usually from other places. But they are not having their sales today!

As you said in the other thread - you have the money for to pay your current bills and save a little for weddings etc., so who cares? Spend it how you want. It's more for the people posting "I don't have the money and it is IMPOSSIBLE to cut down in any area".

I personally don't like the children's place for babies/toddlers, but it could be better for older kids.

STovah

I used the sale to buy the shorts that my boys need for the summer. I had already stocked up on new t-shirts at Target but was waiting for one of these sales to come around since I like the children's place shorts better. Also bought some new rash guards and flip-flops and restocked on socks.

tigerwife

I love Gap and Old Navy. They very often have coupons for an extra 40 or even 50% off including sale items. Average price I pay is usually $4-$8 an item and the stuff is cute, too.

lovingmother

Post Thu, Jun 11 2015, 12:20 pm
You know what? Beggars can't be choosers, thanks for posting jaw science ( I am not a beggar but live on a very tight budget)

lovingmother

Post Thu, Jun 11 2015, 12:22 pm
another tip that won't work for today, but the future: go to cardcash.com or cardpool.com and you can buy children's place or other store gift cards for a percentage off.

mha3484

Post Thu, Jun 11 2015, 12:30 pm
Carters is having a great sale too. 4 dollar door busters. I bought my 4 year old 2 shorts, 2 shirts, a hoodie, a set of two pajamas and two packs of socks for $100.00 I think. He will wear the shirts into the fall or even all year with a sweatshirt over. The pajamas should also last the year iyh. One set was pants and a tee shirt and one set pants and long sleeve shirt.

A few weeks after I got a huge bag of hand me downs oops.

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, Jun 11 2015, 12:49 pm
JAWSCIENCE wrote:

The reason I specifically don't like childrens place because I feel like to many pple wear the same exact thing. I definitely do a lot of basics and school clothes in target and old navy. I do expensive European brands for shabbos, Sundays, and for the summer. I still find the thread interesting because I am always interested in how pple manage finances and bargain hunt. And... I just wanted to let u know that I believe you! Even if no one else did.

Zehava

Post Thu, Jun 11 2015, 12:55 pm
I got a bunch of adorable dresses online from Walmart for 5$ each. They hold up pretty well especially since most will probably be too stained when she's done with them. Paired with layering tees from children's place for less than 2$ a piece and she's dressed adorably for school for pennies, and I don't worry about them getting ruined.

SorGold

Post Thu, Jun 11 2015, 12:57 pm
mommy2b2c wrote:
The reason I specifically don't like childrens place because I feel like to many pple wear the same exact thing. I definitely do a lot of basics and school clothes in target and old navy. I do expensive European brands for shabbos, Sundays, and for the summer. I still find the thread interesting because I am always interested in how pple manage finances and bargain hunt. And... I just wanted to let u know that I believe you! Even if no one else did.

European brands for the summer? Why? My kids ruin their summer/camp clothes more than school clothes.

Zehava

Post Thu, Jun 11 2015, 12:59 pm
SorGold wrote:
European brands for the summer? Why? My kids ruin their summer/camp clothes more than school clothes.

This. Also in the summer you don't have all those rules which make it harder to shop in non frum places.

SorGold

Post Thu, Jun 11 2015, 12:59 pm
With Kohls clearance and 30% off sale you can get clothes for 3- 4$

muss

Post Thu, Jun 11 2015, 1:12 pm
mom2zahava wrote:

Where did you get that from? It's exactly what I'm looking for

JAWSCIENCE

Post Thu, Jun 11 2015, 1:14 pm
Zehava wrote:
This. Also in the summer you don't have all those rules which make it harder to shop in non frum places.

I'm guessing because there are no uniforms in the summer. She is not looking for a bargain, so it's silly to point out she's not getting one.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Jun 11 2015, 1:20 pm
DD is 12, and wears a petite women's size 6. I've found gorgeous clothes for her at Goodwill, of all places. Beautiful things in mint condition, nothing over $5.00. She has very sophisticated tastes and hates kid clothes ("too babyish"), so she feels very grown up shopping in the women's section.

Something to keep in mind when you're having trouble finding skirts and dresses that are the right length.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics