Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
$2-3 kids clothes
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

sky

Post Thu, Jun 11 2015, 10:22 am
muss wrote:
Where did you get that from? It's exactly what I'm looking for

I got great girl shirts on Gymboree for about $5- 6 each a few weeks ago. I was specifically looking for shirts that do not need a shell. It is too hot and unfair to do that in the summer. Osh Kosh also has similar.

They are 4.99 today and you can probably find a coupon:

This one is a bit of a thicker material:
http://www.gymboree.com/shop/d.....type=

3/4 sleeve - I got both colors:

I didn't get this one, but looks cute:
http://www.gymboree.com/shop/d.....54622

Classicookie

Post Thu, Jun 11 2015, 10:32 am
Sorry I forgot to put in the shirts were from crazy 8

gibberish

Post Thu, Jun 11 2015, 11:48 am
I got my kids clothing from Target for next year - in store clearance. Pants and shirts were $3 each
I also do really well in Old Navy - with clearance I found shirts for $1.50-$2
I think that the trick is buying at the end of (or after) the season and stocking up for the next year

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, Jun 11 2015, 11:57 am
SorGold wrote:
European brands for the summer? Why? My kids ruin their summer/camp clothes more than school clothes.

Because thats when I can enjoy it. Im in the country with my kids or we go on trips. I am with them all day. When their in school I dont even see them. I'll admit, I am a slave to my laundry all summer making sure I get out all the stains.

Notsobusy

Post Thu, Jun 11 2015, 12:02 pm
mom2zahava wrote:
Sorry I forgot to put in the shirts were from crazy 8

Thanks so much. I just checked them out and they have some really cute long sleeve shirts for sale.

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Jun 11 2015, 12:32 pm
I wait for the big sale times. If you buy online on black friday, you can get really really cheap stuff! Also, wait til the end of seasons to buy for the following year.

June

Post Thu, Jun 11 2015, 12:37 pm
SorGold wrote:
With Kohls clearance and 30% off sale you can get clothes for 3- 4$

yes, I LOVE kohls! over the winter, I bought a few summer items - weekday and shabbos - every time they had good sales online. (I live in israel.) most of stuff I got were between $1 and $3. I probably spent $100 max, and my dd has tons of clothing.

eta: the only problem with buying off season for a baby is that the sizes might be off. my dd is one, but size 12 mo is really still a little too big for her.

sky

Post Thu, Jun 11 2015, 12:49 pm
I love the crazy8 glitter striped tops. But the reviews are making me nervous about washing.

lfab

Post Fri, Jun 12 2015, 11:17 am
Another believer here! Well I'd have to be since this is exactly my price point for kids clothes (a little more for older kids than for baby sizes). Children's place, kohl's, target, and even old navy often have clothes for really, really cheap. A few weeks ago a got a pack of carter's pjs that came with 2 pairs for a total of $2.50- that's only $1.25 per pair! I got them online from Kohl's. They were on clearance, plus I had a 30% off code and free shipping. At the same time I got a pair of pjs for myself for only $3.50. The other day I was in old navy and got several pairs of shorts for my baby all for under $5 and most under $4 (and I considered them on the more expensive side but got them because I was there and needed and didn't have time to shop around). Other recent examples; from Children's place just this week I ordered several graphic t-shirts for $2.80 each, several shirts for $2.40, cute shrugs to be worn with sleeveless shabbos dresses (instead of a shell) for $2.40 each, another shirt and a skirt for $3.19 each and leggings for $3.19.

Just a few examples for those who need to see to believe:

http://www.childrensplace.com/.....0-867 Priced at $2.99 so only 2.39 after 20% off coupon

http://www.childrensplace.com/.....0-869 Priced at $2.99 so only 2.39 after 20% off coupon

http://www.childrensplace.com/.....34-10 Priced at $4.25 so only $3.40 after coupon

http://www.childrensplace.com/.....93-10 Again only 2.39 afer coupon

Plus many more things at these prices

zigi

Post Fri, Jun 12 2015, 12:10 pm
crazy8 had a clearance sale I got items for 4$ and less. for all the websites .check everyday sign up for emails keep the items in the cart to see whether its a good deal or not. I got shirts for 2 etc. also sometimes things are cheaper in stores than online. always bring coupons. if you buy online through ebates,swagbucks etc so you also get money back on top of everything

zigi

Post Fri, Jun 12 2015, 12:13 pm
sometimes things are cheaper when its not during the 50% off sale the price was lower the day before. b/c they were having a promotion 5$ shirts etc. also if you are in a mall bring cash b/c there might be good deals in clearance. ruum has 6.50 skirts for girls. it is more expensive buying for older kids

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, Jun 14 2015, 12:02 am
A few weeks ago, Target had a Buy three, get one free in their clearance section. Free shipping over 25. I got summer things for $4-$5. Their regular priced baby clothes are also well-priced.

I enjoy Shirtstop clearance section for my boys. $10 for winter sweaters is a great price.

Personally, I avoid shopping at children's place becasue I hate their return policy. I shop at Target online and return free in store up to 3 months.

mommyofd1

Post Sun, Jun 14 2015, 9:23 am
I got these for 2.75 each at the end of last summer + free shipping was available. I paired them with cheap printed t shirts from target and I had 6 summer outfits for under 45 dollars.
http://www.ruum.com/pencil-ski.....c=835
also if you shop in stores like zara at the end of the seasons you can find European style clothes for about $10

SorGold

Post Sun, Jun 14 2015, 2:16 pm
http://m.kohls.com/kohlsopenap.....52676
This is juniors but will work for tweens with a shell/blouse and colored skirt. very in style and its 30% off making it a whopping 2.80$!!

amother
Denim

Post Mon, Jun 15 2015, 8:44 am
I would love to know where to buy cheap NEW clothes for my tween and teen girls. (Nothing against goodwill but my girls would never wear it)

Boys I dress from Kohls, pants from Lands End, on sale of course! (for the quality and great return policy, a $5 pair of pants isn't cheap when you have to replace it for ripped knees 4 or 5 times a season!)

Little girls can be dressed from Tjmaxx /Marshalls, Target, Children's Place etc..

But with big girls it's so hard. They need to cover their collarbones, elbows, skirts a few inches below the knee but not floor length (yes , even in the summer. Please no bashing)
There's a store called "children's outlet" here in Monsey where I can sometimes find tees and skirts (a $20 skirt looks cheap when its equivalent is selling for upwards of $50 elsewhere) but unfortunately they cater to a more chasidish crowd so a lot of their stuff my big girls would never wear Sad

Amelia Bedelia

Post Mon, Jul 13 2015, 5:08 pm
Children's Place has a clearance sale today with free shipping! Clearance clothes drop an additional 40% when you place them in the cart. Plus, save an additional 25% when you use the coupon code listed on the website.

poelmamosh

Post Mon, Jul 13 2015, 7:02 pm
amother wrote:
I would love to know where to buy cheap NEW clothes for my tween and teen girls. (Nothing against goodwill but my girls would never wear it)

Boys I dress from Kohls, pants from Lands End, on sale of course! (for the quality and great return policy, a $5 pair of pants isn't cheap when you have to replace it for ripped knees 4 or 5 times a season!)

Little girls can be dressed from Tjmaxx /Marshalls, Target, Children's Place etc..

But with big girls it's so hard. They need to cover their collarbones, elbows, skirts a few inches below the knee but not floor length (yes , even in the summer. Please no bashing)
There's a store called "children's outlet" here in Monsey where I can sometimes find tees and skirts (a $20 skirt looks cheap when its equivalent is selling for upwards of $50 elsewhere) but unfortunately they cater to a more chasidish crowd so a lot of their stuff my big girls would never wear Sad

Do you live in NY? Junee's (Flatbush, 18th Ave & Five Towns) has a sidewalk sale every season. It's on now and you can get lots of tops & skirts 2/$20.

Raisin

Post Tue, Jul 14 2015, 3:09 am
amother wrote:

I only get my daughters skirts and shells for shabbos in frum shops. Everything else (dresses, tops, tshirts, button down shirts) they buy in regular stores. I can also find long skirts in non jewish shops once they hit adult sizes. I really only need to buy knee length denim type skirts in Jewish shops.

cfriedman2

Post Tue, Jul 14 2015, 3:19 am
I hate children's place also but I do well at gap with coupons. $5 tees for my daughter and $8 gorgeous shabbos dresses
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics