Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
When someone adds you to a facebook group

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Jun 11 2015, 12:52 pm
Im always getting added to groups I dont want to be part of. Is there a setting on facebook that doesn't allow others to add you to a group?

I could just leave the group but im worried about offending the group starter, and even if I did leave they would just add me back again.

Debbie

Post Thu, Jun 18 2015, 6:33 pm
amother wrote:
Im always getting added to groups I dont want to be part of. Is there a setting on facebook that doesn't allow others to add you to a group?

I could just leave the group but im worried about offending the group starter, and even if I did leave they would just add me back again.

This has happened to me a few times,so I put up a post asking that people not add me to groups without asking me first.
Since then I have been added to a group but I left,was re-added and I left again but the second time I sent a private message to the person who set up the group and explained that I have no wish to be on groups on Facebook.

I personally would not worry too much about offending the group starter,all they had to do was ask if you were interested in joining the group before adding you.
They could have put up a post telling people that they could request to join rather than just deciding that you should.

amother
Jetblack

Post Thu, Jun 18 2015, 6:40 pm
Just leave the group for now, no need to say anything. If they add you back, then say something, to the effect of "I don't like being in FB groups, thanks". Someone added me to the God Save Us From Your Opinion group because they figured it was my style (very heavily intellectual discussions on Judaism). After 2 days of seeing posts pop up on my feed, I left. I do like heavy intellectual discussions and debate, but I go to FB to chill, I wasn't interested in debating Jewish thought on my down time. No one has noticed so far. But then again, it is a large group.

imasoftov

Post Sun, Jun 21 2015, 9:23 am
amother wrote:
Just leave the group for now, no need to say anything. If they add you back, then say something, to the effect of "I don't like being in FB groups, thanks". Someone added me to the God Save Us From Your Opinion group because they figured it was my style (very heavily intellectual discussions on Judaism). After 2 days of seeing posts pop up on my feed, I left. I do like heavy intellectual discussions and debate, but I go to FB to chill, I wasn't interested in debating Jewish thought on my down time. No one has noticed so far. But then again, it is a large group.

Is that the groups's correct name? I searched on FB because I thought I might like it, but couldn't find it. Or maybe it's been closed since or is hidden.

mha3484

Post Sun, Jun 21 2015, 9:30 am
When you leave a group there is an option to not be added back. It's a box you click.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette