Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
I just can't take this job

amother
Blonde

Post Thu, Jun 11 2015, 1:44 pm
Here is the situation. I have had and lost many jobs. Finally I decided that if I lose one more job then that is it. I will only work for temp agencies because temp jobs are far less likely to be lost. Sure enough I lost two more jobs and started only taking temp jobs. The setup has worked out decently and I figured I would stay with it. Now however I'm being offered a permanent very good job that everyone (myself included )thinks I would be crazy to turn down. But here is why I can't do it (1)All the other jobs I lost always had a plausible excuse why it didn't work out and I didn't know the people personally . If I lose this one I'll have no excuses. Plus I the job is in my community so I know the people involved. If like based on experience I lose this one too I feel like I'll be wearing "Loser. Can't hold down a job" on my forehead.(2) I suspect that the reason temp jobs always work out for me is because when things get too tough I always tell myself "Soon it will be over anyway" The long term commitment terrifies me. What should I do?

kb

Post Thu, Jun 11 2015, 1:51 pm
Can you accept it on a trial basis?

justcallmeima

Post Thu, Jun 11 2015, 1:58 pm
It might be k'dai for you to see a coach to find out what is causing you to keep being let go, and to work to change your attitude and/or behaviors that are working against you. What is it about this job that you like? Why do people say that you would be "crazy" to turn it down? Maybe if it's truly as close to your "dream job" as possible, you will be motivated enough to do whatever it will take to make sure you keep it!

miri15

Post Thu, Jun 11 2015, 2:14 pm
It sounds like this issue has a much deeper root. Rather than avoid the problem by seeking temp jobs maybe it would be easier (and more effective) to identify where the complication is happening (seek a third party to help if necessary) and working through that. Just my two cents Wink

ven

Post Thu, Jun 11 2015, 2:17 pm
Mm are u scared of commitment ? Working hard ? Or just the more " avoiding " personality type ? All I see here is I dont want to , any excuse will do
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics