Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Looking for great ped OT in Lakewood

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Jun 14 2015, 1:44 pm
Does anyone have a recommendation for a great pediatric OT in Lakewood? I want to get my 7 y/o son evaluated for sensory issues. I am looking for someone who really knows what s/he is doing, not an OT who just got a degree because that's the "in thing" these days and needs to make a living.

If you've had success with someone, please post! TIA

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Jun 14 2015, 8:10 pm
Bump - anyone?

amother
Orange

Post Sun, Jun 14 2015, 8:12 pm
Shulamis Gibber.

amother
Vermilion

Post Sun, Jun 14 2015, 8:28 pm
I think you mean Shifra Gibber. She works for Tender Touch. You can just call the office and make an appointment with her.

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Jun 14 2015, 8:32 pm
Thanks, both of you.

I haven't heard such great things about Tender Touch, I've actually heard some downright bad things about it. Not that all of the therapists are bad but enough to make me leery of them, even though it would be nice because they'd probably take my insurance. Have you used her personally?

amother
Orange

Post Sun, Jun 14 2015, 9:45 pm
Oops, I did mean Shifra Gibber. Sorry. My friend used her for her child with sensory issues and she was thrilled.

mom2be1

Post Sun, Jun 14 2015, 9:50 pm
Children's specialized hospital in Toms river. I have been very happy with the services there. I found them to be professional and knowledgeable in all areas!

amother
Beige

Post Sun, Jun 14 2015, 9:56 pm
I don't know what bad things you heard about Tender Touch. Both Ruchy Cohen and Shifra Gibberish are their top OT's. There is bound to be a waiting list. Also,I don't think those two accept insurance, although other ot's there do.

amother
Sienna

Post Sun, Jun 14 2015, 9:57 pm
mrs. roberg- 364-8866 - supposed to be tops but does not take insurance.

If he is eligible through the board of ed evaluation then he can get one 1/2 hr. session each wk (free).

If you have jersey care you probably wont want to pay. The companies that take jersey care are all pretty good and you get an hr session a wk (free).

If you are willing to pay, call mrs roberg -- you wont ever regret it!

lk1234

Post Sun, Jun 14 2015, 10:01 pm
Ruchie Cohn from tender touch is excelllent!!! I highly recommend her. It was worth every penny I paid out of pocket. She was amazing with my son and very professional.

amother
Beige

Post Sun, Jun 14 2015, 10:02 pm
Please stay far away from Mrs R. She is unlicensed and learned her trade by having a special needs child. She claims to cure everything from ADHD to bedwetting to kleptomania ....anyone who claims to cure everything is someone to be wary of. I have worked with a child who went to her. Not one iota of positive change was seen.
When the more mainstream ot practices in town asked her to give a lecture ,she never responded. whenever you attempt to ask her for data ,you get a whole long megillah with no concrete measurable results.

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Jun 14 2015, 10:05 pm
Thank you all so much! I will do my research on these, thanks for the names, it's a great starting point.

I have private insurance, not Jersey Care, willing to pay out of pocket for the best.

amother
Sienna

Post Sun, Jun 14 2015, 10:06 pm
I found a thread on Mrs. Roberg. It seems that everyone is really happy with her.

http://www.imamother.com/forum.....hter=

amother
Sienna

Post Sun, Jun 14 2015, 10:09 pm
There is a newish company called theratots on river ave. - similar to tender touch. They have a therapy room with ot's but I have never used them.

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, Jun 14 2015, 10:27 pm
I used Aviva Aberback and Zehava Deutsch's practice. I have been thrilled. They are amazing with the kids and spend as much time as needed speaking with the parents. They each supervise other therapists that work with the children regularly but they are extremely involved and know exactly how your child is doing. I would highly recommend them!

amother
Denim

Post Mon, Jun 15 2015, 3:22 pm
Did anyone hear of Debbie Liebowitz? I know someone who used her years ago. She is probably the top in Lakewood but I have no idea where she practices or if she is only private.

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Jun 15 2015, 7:11 pm
amother wrote:
I think you mean Shifra Gibber. She works for Tender Touch. You can just call the office and make an appointment with her.

Almost positive Shifra not taking new patients now

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Jun 15 2015, 7:12 pm
amother wrote:
I found a thread on Mrs. Roberg. It seems that everyone is really happy with her.

http://www.imamother.com/forum.....hter=

She is NOT an OT, nor a trained any other kind of therapist.

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Jun 15 2015, 9:21 pm
amother wrote:
She is NOT an OT, nor a trained any other kind of therapist.

To edit myself, not putting her down in any way. Just stating, for ppl who want to be educated consumers, that she isn't an OT or PT and works using her own methods.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Mon, Jun 15 2015, 10:42 pm
I was looking into OT for a child a little while back, a friend of mine, (who is an OT working in a school) recommended this list of OT's:
rivky fishman
sylvia hirshkowitz
tender touch use ruchie cohen or shifra gibber
zehava deutch - aviva aberback
children's specialized hospital in toms river - generally good quality service
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics