Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Looking for discreet lightweight nursing shawl

mirrorimage

Post Sun, Jun 14 2015, 8:56 pm
Must cover front and back. Does not scream "nursing shawl". Discreet. Soft fabric and lightweight.

AlwaysThinking

Post Mon, Jun 15 2015, 2:06 am
That's a lot to ask for!

I have a pashmama - it looks like a pashmina with a hole for your head. It has extra material on the sides that you could pull round the back, and full coverage at the front. I would always wear it with a cardigan or button down so my back was covered, either that or just sit on a sofa. It's like having a huge blanket draped over you. It's thin material but not super ligthweight, although it comes in light colors.

mirrorimage

Post Mon, Jun 15 2015, 10:56 am
It looks stylish but it doesn't cover the back... Also I don't want baby to sweat it up in the summer so it must be lightweight too.

kb

Post Mon, Jun 15 2015, 11:57 am
No experience with this, but it looks nice.

http://m.seraphine.com/us/nurs......html

busydev

Post Mon, Jun 15 2015, 12:00 pm
I have an Udder Cover (gotta love these names Rolling Eyes ) It does not cover the back but is very light weight and large esp compared to my friends Hooter Hider (seriously!) which was heavy and smaller. I found it covered the whole front or the whole side (so the front and back on one side) which was sufficient for me.

Also if you use shirts that open in the front (button/zipper etc) then having something cover the back isnt as necessary since its not pulled up.

Iymnok

Post Mon, Jun 15 2015, 12:05 pm
When nursing I always wear something that opens in front or is flowy enough to cover my back. I like to only need to use a blanket even though I usually use a cover (with the plastic piece to see baby)
A large shawl may be what you're looking for. Find a good fabric and attach a cute trim.

Smile1234

Post Mon, Jun 15 2015, 1:57 pm
Look into nursing tanks- I think they are very smart. (I've never used them, but when I heard about them I really liked the idea...iyh next time!)
Not sure exactly how they work, but all I know is that when a friend of mine was using it I saw no skin, and she wasn't using a cover.

sheifelah

Post Mon, Jun 15 2015, 3:06 pm
I have a JJ Cole nursing cover and love it; although it doesn't cover the back, but fabric is light weight. Babies r us has some different nursing cover options, I believe.

bks

Post Mon, Jun 15 2015, 4:51 pm
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/.....lSrch
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics