Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
How do Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip look so good?

Mevater

Post Mon, Jun 15 2015, 8:56 am
They dont have a totally stress free life being in the public eye, unable to go where they want, when they want. They have to perform royal duties all the time, whether theyre in the mood or not, and otherwise pretty much living in a jail in the palace, unable to do the things us commoners do, always nervous of being photographed by sneaky photographers with long range camera lenses.

Im sure theyre well made up, but just to be up to public functions at their age is a big deal.

Do they have some kind of Zchus to be healthy and look that good at their age (89 and 94)?

What do you think?

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Jun 15 2015, 9:07 am
Mevater wrote:
They dont have a totally stress free life being in the public eye, unable to go where they want, when they want. They have to perform royal duties all the time, whether theyre in the mood or not, and otherwise pretty much living in a jail in the palace, unable to do the things us commoners do, always nervous of being photographed by sneaky photographers with long range camera lenses.

Im sure theyre well made up, but just to be up to public functions at their age is a big deal.

Do they have some kind of Zchus to be healthy and look that good at their age (89 and 94)?

What do you think?

If I expended more energy, I might wonder how happy they really are. But I'm not G-d's accountant. I don't know if they have secret zechuyos, if they're getting more than I'd like to in olam hazeh at the expense of olam haba, if it's good for England for them to still be here, if this is the result of healthy living...there are many reasons for their longevity.
And when I see older people who still have their faculties and energy at that age, it gives me chizuk as so many of my relatives didn't make it to that point.

Raisin

Post Mon, Jun 15 2015, 10:54 am
I think they have a pretty good life. They have a social circle of friends. They own castles and palaces with lots of land so they can go for long hikes and not meet anyone. No financial worries. Of course their children are not perfect but whose are? they get lots of nachas from them.

I think their duties keep them busy enough to feel fulfilled but are not too arduous.

I know plenty of women elizabeths age who look as good as she does. She also comes from a family of long lived women.

m in Israel

Post Mon, Jun 15 2015, 10:59 am
Raisin wrote:
I think they have a pretty good life. They have a social circle of friends. They own castles and palaces with lots of land so they can go for long hikes and not meet anyone. No financial worries. Of course their children are not perfect but whose are? they get lots of nachas from them.

I think their duties keep them busy enough to feel fulfilled but are not too arduous.

I know plenty of women elizabeths age who look as good as she does. She also comes from a family of long lived women.

I think this is a good point. I am pretty sure genetics plays a big role in this!

etky

Post Mon, Jun 15 2015, 11:09 am
I think her ambition may be to outdo Queen Victoria who reigned longer than any other British monarch (63 years and 7 months) and the longest of any female monarch in history. I think she has just 3 more months to go before she accomplishes this goal. Of course she's aging much better than Victoria did.....

zaq

Post Mon, Jun 15 2015, 6:03 pm
The rich are different from you and me, and the VERY rich, which the royals are, are very different. They look good thanks to excellent nutrition; the finest medical and dental care available; rigorous physical training including lessons on how to walk, stand, wave and so on--think "princess lessons"; frequent sports activities (horseback riding is extremely strenuous) ; superbly tailored custom-made clothing, shoes and accessories; topnotch hair care, skin care and makeup; yadda yadda yadda. Expertly tailored stylish clothing alone can make a huge difference in a person's looks; throw in all the other factors and you have the answer to why the Queen looks so wonderful for her age. Genetics do play a role, of course--but cosmetic dentistry, medicine and other services can make up for what Nature alone leaves out.

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Jun 15 2015, 8:15 pm
zaq wrote:
The rich are different from you and me, and the VERY rich, which the royals are, are very different. They look good thanks to excellent nutrition; the finest medical and dental care available; rigorous physical training including lessons on how to walk, stand, wave and so on--think "princess lessons"; frequent sports activities (horseback riding is extremely strenuous) ; superbly tailored custom-made clothing, shoes and accessories; topnotch hair care, skin care and makeup; yadda yadda yadda. Expertly tailored stylish clothing alone can make a huge difference in a person's looks; throw in all the other factors and you have the answer to why the Queen looks so wonderful for her age. Genetics do play a role, of course--but cosmetic dentistry, medicine and other services can make up for what Nature alone leaves out.

Really? This is England after all Twisted Evil

Mevater

Post Tue, Jun 16 2015, 6:59 am
zaq wrote:
The rich are different from you and me, and the VERY rich, which the royals are, are very different. They look good thanks to ............Genetics do play a role, of course--but cosmetic dentistry, medicine and other services can make up for what Nature alone leaves out.

Very true, but just seeing people active at all at that age, is unique. Theres no medication or cosmetics in the world for that. How many 89 and 94 year olds are that active and look that good? If they were bent over and "out of it" looking, like many of their contemporaries look, there wouldnt be much that could be done. They wouldnt look good and be interesting to watch, during royal festivities. Also, Ive seen cute kids, medium cute kids and relatively not cute kids, and Prince William is unusually cute. I doubt hes made up and its not his clothing thats making him cute. Imho, theres an element of "luck" and blessedness there.

etky

Post Tue, Jun 16 2015, 7:21 am
Mevater wrote:
Very true, but just seeing people active at all at that age, is unique. Theres no medication or cosmetics in the world for that. How many 89 and 94 year olds are that active and look that good? If they were bent over and "out of it" looking, like many of their contemporaries look, there wouldnt be much that could be done. They wouldnt look good and be interesting to watch, during royal festivities. Also, Ive seen cute kids, medium cute kids and relatively not cute kids, and Prince William is unusually cute. I doubt hes made up and its not his clothing thats making him cute. Imho, theres an element of "luck" and blessedness there.

The Hanovers may be robust (not counting certain hereditary conditions like dementia and hemophilia) but they are not known for their brains or their looks. It helps when they marry particularly good looking spouses like Diana and Kate....

Iymnok

Post Tue, Jun 16 2015, 7:27 am
I don't find William so good looking. He looks pretty average to me.
And my kids are WAAAAY cuter!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics