Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
A question to lakewooders/ticks
Previous  1  2

Notsobusy

Post Tue, Jun 16 2015, 12:12 am
amother wrote:
Question to those whose children got the bullseye rash:
We don't live in Lakewood, but visited for Pesach. My son had 2 bullseye rashes last week. Our local doctor said that it's not from a tick bite but a reaction to a regular insect bite. (Ticks aren't common where we live and doctors aren't so familiar). The doctor refused to treat it.
Can you please give me some more information about what symptoms your child had? Did the bullseye rash grow? How long after the bite did the bullseye appear? My son did not have fever, but did have sever diarrhea that week. Should I be concerned?
Thanks!

I don't think diarrhea is a symptom, of course I could be wrong. My dd had no other symptoms, her bulls eye rash started out looking like a large mosquito bite, then it grew larger and turned into an obvious bulls eye rash and it felt very warm.

Maybe ask whoever you visited in Lakewood to ask their doctor his opinion. Then you can go to your doctor and tell him what the Lakewood doctor said.

Last edited by Notsobusy on Tue, Jun 16 2015, 12:15 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, Jun 16 2015, 12:14 am
Not all ticks carry Lyme disease. Sometimes there is a bulls eye mark that can come out a few weeks after the bite, this is a symptom of Lyme disease.

My experience, and other people's as well, has been sudden pain in the legs/hands. The pain gets worse and spreads. It is difficult to test for Lyme disease. My doctor did bloodwork, but it came back as inconclusive. He decided to give medication since my DC couldnt walk. Three days later my DC was bh all better. We did have to give medication for about a month.

Recently in my neighborhood in monsey we found ticks on the scalp, finger and yes even on a kids face. We have to check our kids nightly, and we have to keep our grass cut short. There is deer in our backyard all the time.

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Jun 16 2015, 6:48 am
My kids have had many many tick bites. To correct, the tiny ones are NOT necessarily deer ticks! The size does not determine it. I have had mainly dog ticks over the years but also a few other types. I use Dr. Indich and you bring the tick in in a ziploc bag and they tell you what type of tick it it by looking at it. You only have to worry about a deer tick. THEN they would test the tick for Lyme, if it's a deer tick. I have never given antibiotics to a child just because they were bitten, cus it had to have been by a DEER tick for them to be at risk! Don't panic, because most ticks that you find are not deer tick, just be vigilant about identifying the kind of tick so you know if you have to treat.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics