Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Cheap diapers that don't leak

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Jun 15 2015, 7:33 pm
Have luvs for my baby but always leaks.

mfb

Post Mon, Jun 15 2015, 7:37 pm
I use parents choice(walmart), but you should see if baby possibly needs next size. I found that when they need the next size it leaks a lot

LittleDucky

Post Mon, Jun 15 2015, 7:43 pm
I hated Luvs. Huggies can be just as cheap with coupons and sale. Diapers.com has a good deal now with coupon codes. But target this week has a good sale: $25 a box, get $10 GIftcard on 2. Yesterday's paper had coupons:$2-3 off each. So 25- $5 GC - 2= 18 a box. But you must buy 2 and the gift card is really applied to your next purchase.

Teacher_EW

Post Mon, Jun 15 2015, 9:28 pm
I like the ones from Costco. You have to pay a membership to shop there, but their diapers are almost half the price of Pampers and come with more in the box.
I would not recommend the first size, though, until your kid is in Size 2 of most other brands. Their size is called 1-2, but it is bigger than most 1s.

losingweight

Post Mon, Jun 15 2015, 9:48 pm
Someone told me she loves Target brand. And they run full.

seeker

Post Mon, Jun 15 2015, 9:48 pm
I did well with Target Up&Up. They are cheap in the first place, plus they have a subscription option that gives you I think 5% off and another 5% off if you pay with a Target card. Every month or two they run a promotion like get a gift card if you buy 2 packs of diapers, and you can do that with the subscription and Target card too. If you wait for that kind of sale/promo combo and then get a couple of months' worth of diapers with the subscription and card, that's your best price and it pretty much beats out anything else I've seen. I was satisfied with their quality and didn't have any particular leaking problems (except the occasional things that happen with any type of diaper) and they didn't give either of my kids rashes (they each got rashes with certain kinds of diapers)

Because these things can sometimes be personal (skin sensitivities, shape for least leaking) I'd suggest trying a small pack before doing the bulk deal.

shirachadasha

Post Mon, Jun 15 2015, 10:36 pm
Another vote for Target's own diapers.

queenert

Post Tue, Jun 16 2015, 3:34 am
I found diff brands worked for diff sizes and the next size is necessary after lots of leaking even if they still "fit."
Parent's Choice (Walmart) and Up & Up (Target) were pretty similar in quality but Target offered gift cards etc. like seeker mentioned. They also had better stock and bigger boxes so we didn't have to keep running out for more.
I didn't love the Kirkland Signature (Costco) - the 1-2 was huge (as mentioned), they smelled funny, and leaked a lot for me. Could've been the stage but it was enough for me to quit.

lfab

Post Tue, Jun 16 2015, 5:45 am
I know many people who have used Target brand diapers and are very happy with them. Definately can get them pretty cheap when you pair a sale with a gift card deal. You can also get pampers and huggies for very good prices if you are willing to put in a little work looking for sales and pairing with coupons and such. Again, target often runs gift card deals on these brands which you can combine with coupons for good prices. I usually stock up when I find a good deal and then have enough diapers to wait until the next sale before buying more diapers.

Merrymom

Post Tue, Jun 16 2015, 7:25 am
I use brand name diapers but pay very very little. I go to coupons dot com or just from the regular sunday paper. There are coupons there all the time, there is no reason to pay full price. Also the stores have specials like if you buy 2 packages you'll get a $5 coupon off your next order etc. So I stock up and never run out.

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, Jun 16 2015, 7:29 am
People love targets diapers but when I tried them they were terrible and almost all the diapers caused leaks.

Also I always use a size bigger even it if cost more per diaper.

My favorite are the ones made by walmart and rite aid(tugaboos). Actually one child did great in parents choice walmart diapers and another in rite aid tugaboos. It actually depends on the child!

My child in diapers now is doing well in luvs (large size) while a different child did better in huggies. You just have to try a few till you get it right for your child. And buy a size larger!

If you're talking overnight, that's another whole story....

elevator

Post Tue, Jun 16 2015, 7:38 am
I really like CVS brand diapers. They are cheaper than pampers but not sure how they compare to other brands like Target, etc.

BeHappy!

Post Tue, Jun 16 2015, 8:08 am
Another vote for Target diapers.

HelloG

Post Tue, Jun 16 2015, 8:14 am
The brand Kosher diapers work best for my baby. They do feel a bit thicker too. And in my local stores they're the cheapest

LittleDucky

Post Tue, Jun 16 2015, 12:30 pm
CVS diapers leaked badly for me. They didn't absorb well or mask the odor.
You will get a dozen different responses on here- just try for yourself. Each child will be different and they may change as they grow. Some kids get rashes from off-brand diapers.

SorGold

Post Tue, Jun 16 2015, 3:50 pm
Here is a sale on the up and up diapers

http://kollelbudget.com/target.....48-2/

wiki

Post Tue, Jun 16 2015, 5:50 pm
We've been very happy with Target, except for one stretch of time around last November when they changed their manufacturing method, but it seems like they went back to old formula again. We've had very few leaks and they're quite affordable relative to the brands we compared to.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics