Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Molluscum at camp
Previous  1  2

shopdrop

Post Wed, Jun 17 2015, 11:27 am
1091 wrote:
Hope this help. My oldest had molluscum years ago. Not of my other children "caught" it. We went to a dermatologist who treated her to hasten their healing. Maybe three months from diagnosis to being gone. I don't know if they still do that. It really was years ago.

My son had it 2 years ago, and we went every two weeks to the dermatologist, and it was gone in much less than 3 months. On my daughter I only found one wart on her back, I took her right away to the dermatologist, and he treated her right away, I didn't even need to go back. I found that the trick is to take care of it right away, before it even has a chance to spread. So yes, it is pretty common, so your child can really pick it up from lots of other kids.

amother
Scarlet

Post Wed, Jun 17 2015, 12:01 pm
srbmom wrote:
Both my kids had molluscum and I scrubbed them with tea tree oil soap in the bath for a couple of days and then dabbed tea tree oil on the big bumps I saw. It was gone within a week. My pediatrician did not believe it until she saw it (I brought them in before and after)
Not sure I would do this on a face - but everywhere else it's worth a try.

And I wonder if bathing your daughter in tea tree oil soap would prevent her from getting it in the first place

I found the soap bars and oil and Trader Joes

why wouldn't you try this on a face?
My daughter has bad molluscum on the side of her forehead, near her hairline. I'm worried that if I don't treat it now she's going to have bad scars, plus spread it to the rest of the kids.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jun 17 2015, 12:32 pm
I don't see any reason why you can't do research on how to safely chlorinate kiddie pools and suggest to camp head, maybe pay for the supplies, also encourage sprinklers and teach hygiene re sharing towels.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics