Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Thank you cards for thank you cards

amother
Tangerine

Post Mon, Jun 15 2015, 11:21 pm
During the year when a student gives a gift (chanuka, purim, etc) I send home thank you notes to the parents, I usually give to the child to give to the parents.

At the end of the school year/last day of school, when is it appropriate for a teacher send a thank you note home?

if a student gives a thank you card without gift/money
if a student gives a thank you card with money (does amount make a difference)
if a student gives a thank you card with gift (mug, chocolate, etc)

zaq

Post Mon, Jun 15 2015, 11:34 pm
If a gift is given on the last day of school, how can you expect to send a TY with the child? It would have had to have been written in advance, would it not? I don't think parents expect a thank you card under those circumstances, but if the gift was especially generous, mail a note to the parents at home. Thank you note for a thank you note makes no sense.

How about this: send every parent a note thanking them for entrusting their child to you this year. If they gave you a gift, add a few words of appreciation for that. (I guess you'll have to do this during recess or give the kids an assignment to do while you personalize the notes.) That way, every kid gets a card to bring home, no one feels left out, every gift is acknowledged, regardless of cost, and you spend nothing on postage.

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, Jun 16 2015, 9:04 am
Thank you card for a thank you card?
Nope.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics