Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
How does or does coffee affect you?
1  2  Next

yo'ma

Post Tue, Jun 16 2015, 4:41 pm
The only thing it does for is not let me fall asleep and dummy me had a cup after 8 last night Banging head Banging head . I don't know what I was thinking except, I was in the mood for one. And that's exactly when I fell asleep, at 1. Mad

seeker

Post Tue, Jun 16 2015, 4:51 pm
Doesn't do a thing for me. Not sure if it keeps me from sleeping because I stay away from it in the evening just in case,and I have a hard time sleepin often enough even without it. For some reason I keep trying from time to time, though, when I'm desperately tired but need a boost, even though I know it won't help me,because of the popular notion that it should.

animeme

Post Tue, Jun 16 2015, 5:03 pm
It makes me jittery. My insides feel like they're going too fast and if I have enough, my hands shake. It does keep me alert Smile.

Haven't had a cup in over ten years.

gp2.0

Post Tue, Jun 16 2015, 5:05 pm
It doesn't. I wish it would, I'm tired all the time.

zaq

Post Tue, Jun 16 2015, 6:02 pm
I drink it for the taste and because I have an enormous collection of mugs. After filling one with pens, another with makeup brushes, and a third with a little cactus, the only thing left to do is to make coffee!

MagentaYenta

Post Tue, Jun 16 2015, 6:38 pm
I used to drink two small cups of fresh espresso every morning. One day I didn't have time and just went ahead without it. I was fine. Now I drink green tea in the a.m. And some Sunday mornings I'll make a some French Press. I don't get jitters from it, and I've always liked a dark roast.

The Happy Wife

Post Tue, Jun 16 2015, 6:41 pm
It makes me a pleasant person to be around.

zaq

Post Tue, Jun 16 2015, 7:26 pm
The best thing about coffee is the stuff that goes with it. No, silly, not the fancy java-snob tools and equipment (acid-indicator, anyone?) but the baked goods and the socializing. And the mugs, of course.

MagentaYenta

Post Tue, Jun 16 2015, 7:29 pm
zaq wrote:
The best thing about coffee is the stuff that goes with it. No, silly, not the fancy java-snob tools and equipment (acid-indicator, anyone?) but the baked goods and the socializing. And the mugs, of course.

I prefer old restaurant cups from the 40's and 50's. Alas I have far too many and just purged the mug cabinet.

etky

Post Wed, Jun 17 2015, 12:56 am
I'm trying to cut down b/c there's anecdotal and some real evidence that coffee (and caffeine in general) exacerbates the development of fibrocystic breast tissue and causes breast pain and engorgement. The breast surgeon that I see suggested I try this.
I love coffee and drink 3 cups a day. I seem to have built up a tolerance to the caffeine over the years. It used to make me jittery but no longer does. It does help me focus and keeps me alert but not awake during the night.
I love the taste and the whole relaxing, pleasurable ritual around it. I tried to quit once before and failed Sad

alwaybhappy

Post Wed, Jun 17 2015, 3:52 am
I always have had coffee bec I like the taste.
one day I didnt have and got a headache--realized I was addicted

for the past few years I've been fighting it (weeks on/weeks off, then back on again)
now, if I am "on," I cant get out of bed in the morning, when I dont have it I get a headache, and when I do have I get a headache!
ive been off again now for a couple of weeks and feel great
(oh, I drink decaf all day- I just love coffee- not the caffeine, the taste!)

PassionFruit

Post Wed, Jun 17 2015, 6:46 am
Love the stuff, makes me relaxed and feel calm and normal, regulated, makes me nice and patient and happy. Drink 2-3 cups daily. I always know when I am pregnant because I CANNOT tolerate it at all and it is so hard for me to swallow. I usually try to force myself to drink at least a half a cup, otherwise I get major withdraw headaches.

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Jun 17 2015, 7:08 am
Caffein (even from chocolate) hurts my stomach and puts me to sleep.

Sanguine

Post Wed, Jun 17 2015, 7:41 am
People who drink coffee are more relaxed (not if it physically makes you jittery). Coffee drinkers have time to sit down for that cup of coffee during the day (never saw anyone sit down for a cup of mineral water during the day - you just gulp it and run). If you drop by a friend (or acquaintance) and they offer you a cup of coffee, always accept it for two reasons.
    1 - Coffee sets you up for sitting and talking

2 - They won't offer you that piece of cake or cookie if you turn down the coffee shock (No thank-you to coffee translates into a NO to anything Sad )

How it affects me-
- I don't get up without a cup of coffee in the morning. DH wakes up earlier and brings me coffee in bed (I'm really not pleasant before I've had that first cup).
- If I drink coffee in the late afternoon, I'm up all night
- I drink coffee cause it gives me a wake-me-up boost and cause I really like to drink it.
- I really prefer coffee maker coffee and that's really the only thing that I ask for from the States (much too expensive in Israel).

I grew up on coffee (my mother is much more addicted than I am). I remember that when I was an older teen, discussing with a friend (happened to be male) how coffee is kind of love. When your mother comes into your room, just like that during the day, with a cup of coffee for you. She was putting up coffee for herself and thought that her child (who was holed up in their room ignoring the rest of the house) would like the same type of coffee break during the day . It's like a mother's unconditional love when you are older - You don't have to sit and talk. It just shows that I'm always thinking of you.

Rubber Ducky

Post Wed, Jun 17 2015, 11:08 am
Last week I was practically falling asleep during the weekly morning shiur I attend. Later when I started making myself a cuppa to go with lunch, I realized that I had accidentally drunk decaf with breakfast. Surprised

Coffee helps me feel more alert. I drink 2 large cups daily — just enough, I hope, to breach the blood-brain barrier and lower my risk for Alzheimers and other nasty diseases.

animeme

Post Wed, Jun 17 2015, 11:38 am
Sanguine wrote:
People who drink coffee are more relaxed (not if it physically makes you jittery). Coffee drinkers have time to sit down for that cup of coffee during the day (never saw anyone sit down for a cup of mineral water during the day - you just gulp it and run). If you drop by a friend (or acquaintance) and they offer you a cup of coffee, always accept it for two reasons.
    1 - Coffee sets you up for sitting and talking

2 - They won't offer you that piece of cake or cookie if you turn down the coffee shock (No thank-you to coffee translates into a NO to anything Sad )

A- You can do the same thing with herbal tea.

B- I know many, many people who drink their coffee in a to-go cup while driving or working at a desk/computer (sip and run). Dh drinks several cups a day, and never ever stops what he's doing to do so.

ray family

Post Wed, Jun 17 2015, 11:40 am
doesn't do a thing. s/t I drink it when I'm in the mood for more full bodied flavored drink.

Chayalle

Post Wed, Jun 17 2015, 12:07 pm
If I just have a cup of coffee in the morning, it doesn't seem to affect my sleep, and it helps me wake up and get the morning going in a more-than-semi-comatose state.

But more than that, and my sleep is in trouble. I used to keep a container of iced-coffee in the fridge, but I stopped doing that, since I would have coffee all thru the day and it affected my sleep. Come to think of it, I have less headaches since I stopped that, too.

Sanguine

Post Wed, Jun 17 2015, 12:20 pm
animeme wrote:
A- You can do the same thing with herbal tea.

B- I know many, many people who drink their coffee in a to-go cup while driving or working at a desk/computer (sip and run). Dh drinks several cups a day, and never ever stops what he's doing to do so.
What's the point? To give me hard time? No one ever said to me "Oh, Would you like some herbal tea?" - I don't think I know Herbal tea people

Coffee on the go is for the caffeine. But relaxing coffee is different coffee You need both in life ("All work and no play makes DH a dull boy" Wink )

mha3484

Post Wed, Jun 17 2015, 12:27 pm
It just makes me feel normal. I think its an ADD thing. I usually have 1-2 cups a day. I also enjoy chai tea (as does my 4 year old oops).
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics