Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
Viral in Israel: Tehillim on the Rollercoaster

Sanguine

Post Wed, Jun 17 2015, 4:55 am
Viral in Israel: Tehillim on the Rollercoaster (click title if you want to go to actual article)
Quote:
Some things could only happen in the Jewish homeland, in 2015. This is one of them.

Some things could only happen in the Jewish homeland, in 2015. This is definitely one of them: a man in haredi garb riding a rollercoaster with his son fights off fear by reciting Psalms at breakneck speed and videotaping the entire festive event – and all that with a big grin on his face.

The video, which is embedded above (click at the center of the image to view), was featured on a popular Facebook page and has gone viral in Israel, with over 300,000 views since it was posted, immediately after Pesach. In American terms, that would be the rough equivalent of 15 million views.

The beaming dad recited Psalms 122, 67 and 23, ramping up the speed of delivery in the scary parts of the ride.

In between, he passed the time by reciting the formula favored by followers of Rebbe Nachman of Breslov – “Na Nach Nachma Nachman Mi-Uman” and shouting “happy holiday” and “Aba” – Father – also a hallmark of Breslover hassidim, who favor a direct approach in beseeching the Almighty.

The entire situation is reminiscent of what is probably the most famous of Rabbi Nachman's dictums: "The entire world is a very narrow bridge, and the main thing is not to fear at all."

June

Post Wed, Jun 17 2015, 5:00 am
I was gonna post this! I thought it was really funny.

I once rode a similar roller coaster - Sidewinder in Hershey Park - and I was so freaked out I started saying Shema! The harness had some give to it, and when the ride started, I thought it was still open. Ooooh, was that a frightening moment in my life!

Seriously

Post Sat, Sep 30 2017, 10:23 pm
This came up in similar topics and it made me smile
Wanted to bump it to make others smile
And enjoy some light from sanguine
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational