Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Previous or now kitchen aid owners

yo'ma

Post Thu, Jun 18 2015, 11:43 am
If you've had or own a kitchen aid, how long has it lasted or have it now? I believe in ayin hara's, so write bl'h Very Happy .

Mine just died after 18 years Sad . It's been dying for awhile now, but now that smoke came out of it, out it went Mad . That's one thing I wanted when I got married. When I was engaged, I was using my mothers and I broke hers. She brought hers into the shop and bought another one and said that I'll get the new one Hooray . Now I need to get a new one Wink .

MagentaYenta

Post Thu, Jun 18 2015, 11:49 am
I gifted mine to my DD, 24 years and it's still going strong. I've taught my DD to take the case off once a year to clean it.

Notsobusy

Post Thu, Jun 18 2015, 12:00 pm
Mine lasted about 16 years. I got a new one with a stronger motor, I hope it lasts at least that long. One feature that I like on my new one is that when it's working too hard it shuts off. My old kitchenaid didn't like kneading challah dough, problem is that I don't either like to, I was always very on top of it to make sure I kneaded it long enough, but didn't kill the motor. That's how I ended up killing the motor, I left it on for too long and the dough was unusually thick.

Amarante

Post Thu, Jun 18 2015, 12:27 pm
I have no idea HOW old my KA is. I got it from my mother who got it from someone else. It has little flowers as a design element which makes me thing it might be from the 1970's because that is when those were a popular kitchen design motif. Very Happy

I don't make bread in mine so perhaps I haven't overtaxed the motor. I have a bread machine which I use to knead.

kb

Post Thu, Jun 18 2015, 1:02 pm
My mother has her grandmother's kitchenaid. Her grandmother died at 100 years old. I don't remember exactly when, but at least 10 years ago, probably more. It still works.

She takes it in to a repairman every once in a while, and he said it's worth the repairs since a new kitchenaid would not be as strong/last as long.

Point being: kitchenaids, like most things made today, are being made much cheaper and more disposable than they were years ago.

Sewsew_mom

Post Thu, Jun 18 2015, 4:28 pm
I'll Def say their not made the same. If u can fix an old one do that rather than buy a new one ull be happier

pumpkinsbubby

Post Thu, Jun 18 2015, 4:46 pm
I've had my kitchen aid for many, many years...don't even know. Before that I had a flimsy Sunbeam unit, and then one day it overheated and started smoking. My kitchen aid can probably last forever, and I do alot of baking.... If I ever needed to replace it, I'd probably get another kitchen aid, but maybe one size larger. It's terrific bli ayin hara.

hlweee

Post Thu, Jun 18 2015, 6:15 pm
I had the 7 qt KA for 2 yrs when it broke down. Was really upset. Had it repaired, started kneading challah dough by hand.

shanie5

Post Thu, Jun 18 2015, 11:00 pm
29 years. repaired once BLH.
Liked it so much I bought one for pesach too!

OOTBubby

Post Fri, Jun 19 2015, 8:30 am
My first one (the biggest, strongest available 40 years ago) lasted close to 30 years, but did not receive heavy use. Motor went out. I bought a 2nd smaller, less powerful one and it only lasted 7-8 years ago (again not heavy use) before the motor went out. I really liked the power of the KA, but gave up after that. I am now using my Bosch for everything. For Pesach I have a top of the line Sunbeam and it does the job (it does get heavy use for the few weeks its used).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars