Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Cotton Full Dresses
1  2  Next

amother
Wheat

Post Thu, Jun 18 2015, 10:01 am
I live in Lakewood and I see these dresses all over town. They are cotton, elastic at the waist, full, 3/4 sleeves, hits right below the knee. I have only seen them in solid colors. They are worn with a cute little belt. LOVE them, but can't find them anywhere. I am way too shy to walk up someone and ask where they got them. Anyone know what I am talking about and where I can get one.
Thanks tons!!

flmommy

Post Thu, Jun 18 2015, 12:50 pm
Yes, I can help! Jupe NYC.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Jun 18 2015, 1:26 pm
Do they have a website? I'm always looking for cotton dresses!

amother
Wheat

Post Thu, Jun 18 2015, 2:07 pm
Thanks for the answer. I went to the website and didn't see them.....

MamaBear

Post Thu, Jun 18 2015, 2:54 pm
The poster meant those t-shirt material "boyfriend" dresses on jupe's site. But they have a more open neckline and don't cover the knees on the average person.

OP, do you mean a crisp cotton versus a short fabric?

imachossid

Post Thu, Jun 18 2015, 5:02 pm
Mimumaxi.com

amother
Wheat

Post Thu, Jun 18 2015, 5:25 pm
OP here - posting from my home.
They are the soft kind of cotton. The dresses I have seen all covered the knees

imachossid

Post Thu, Jun 18 2015, 5:42 pm
amother wrote:
OP here - posting from my home.
They are the soft kind of cotton. The dresses I have seen all covered the knees
I think that the website I posted is the correct one. It's called a mimu frock.

nicole81

Post Thu, Jun 18 2015, 5:51 pm
imachossid wrote:
I think that the website I posted is the correct one. It's called a mimu frock.

the frock, although a great dress, is neither cotton nor elasticized at the waist.

notme

Post Thu, Jun 18 2015, 6:17 pm
I saw some nice tznius dresses on landsend, not sure if that's what you're looking for.

amother
Peach

Post Thu, Jun 18 2015, 6:21 pm
Op that is funny I've been noticing those dresses and keep googling to find them. Almost walked over to someone yesterday. I saw a few in h&m but did not cover knees. These seem to fit so well. I'll be following for answer:)

amother
Wheat

Post Thu, Jun 18 2015, 7:48 pm
Peach - this is OP. let's make a deal, the next person we see wearing one of these we go up to. Common, we can do it!! Chances are they will only be flattered. And we'll probably never see them again anyway!

amother
Green

Post Thu, Jun 18 2015, 7:50 pm
Is this a Lakewood thing? I have not seen it in Brooklyn

amother
Rose

Post Thu, Jun 18 2015, 8:07 pm
I live in Lakewood. The dress you are referring to is probably the Mimu frock. I have a friend who has it and it is really cute. Looks better in real life than the pictures. My friend got it in an XS, and she even shortened it. It definitely covers the knee. It is very loose dress that can even be worn as maternity or with a belt.

spring13

Post Thu, Jun 18 2015, 8:50 pm
Mimu frock actually makes sense, people probably just cinch it at the waist with a belt (as opposed to it actually being elasticized).

What I want to know is, have you seen...curvier women wearing them? If I'm short and hippy, would I be able to pull off that look?

Alternatives, if you want a little more structure (you can customize sleeve and hem length:
http://www.eshakti.com/shop/Dr.....36803
http://www.eshakti.com/shop/Dr.....35581

nicole81

Post Thu, Jun 18 2015, 8:53 pm
spring13 wrote:
Mimu frock actually makes sense, people probably just cinch it at the waist with a belt (as opposed to it actually being elasticized).

What I want to know is, have you seen...curvier women wearing them? If I'm short and hippy, would I be able to pull off that look?

Alternatives, if you want a little more structure (you can customize sleeve and hem length:
http://www.eshakti.com/shop/Dr.....36803
http://www.eshakti.com/shop/Dr.....35581

I'm 5'4, curvy all over, and prefer to wear it uncinched. I think it looks good, and got a lot of compliments from non-jews too on it, although my husband keeps reminding me it's shapeless when I wear it Very Happy Very Happy

amother
Wheat

Post Thu, Jun 18 2015, 8:55 pm
Yes, I have seen curvier women wearing them. Looked good too. I am going to try the Mimu frock. I'll let you all know what happens.

amother
Peach

Post Fri, Jun 19 2015, 5:09 am
Tx! Gna check out that mimu frock. I've also been seeing more of a thicker cotton dress with a collar. Like a shirt look, it covers the knees beautifully too. A bit more flattering if you have a curvy figure...Any clues where that's from?

amother
Wheat

Post Fri, Jun 19 2015, 7:42 am
OP Here - checked out the Mimu Frock and I really think it's it!! Thanks tons!! Now, what color to get.....

amother
Goldenrod

Post Fri, Jun 19 2015, 7:45 am
Just a heads up, the Frock, if belted to make it blousy, may not cover your knees if you're 5'4" or taller. Look at some of the pictures and you'll see.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics