Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Budget for Young Working Girl
Previous  1  2  3

SRS

Post Sat, Jun 20 2015, 9:02 pm
If it wasn't a problem for the young wife to wear this rotation of clothing before the wedding, why did it become a problem after the wedding? Granted I've always had plenty of clothing (a benefit of 2nd hand shopping), but I fail to understand the shalom bayis issue. Anyone with a budget juggles the discretionary as need be. I tend to buy clothing piece by piece. For my husband, we tend to just take the plunge when his stuff looks like it is about to hit the trash heap.

amother
Rose

Post Sat, Jun 20 2015, 9:17 pm
Reminds me of my cousin whose wife had clothing, you know, for regular purposes. But then he had to buy her a maternity wardrobe. After the baby she was a different size, so new non-maternity wardrobe. Went on a diet and he said, "I can't afford to clothe 3 different women!"

imaima

Post Sun, Jun 21 2015, 2:04 am
amother wrote:
Reminds me of my cousin whose wife had clothing, you know, for regular purposes. But then he had to buy her a maternity wardrobe. After the baby she was a different size, so new non-maternity wardrobe. Went on a diet and he said, "I can't afford to clothe 3 different women!"

Right. The mitzvah of pru urvu comes with a price tag.

The craziest are the bra expenses. I had two kids within 3 yrs of marriage, not twins, and my size had kept in growing...
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics