Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
New linen sets
1  2  Next

chanee

Post Thu, Jun 18 2015, 9:57 pm
I'm wondering how often you guys are buying new sets of linen and replacing them with old sets.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Jun 19 2015, 7:08 pm
Way too often. And I know it has to do with the fact that I change and wash my linen weekly. Years ago when I changed the linen bi-weekly, my sets lasted longer.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Jun 21 2015, 12:46 am
ra_mom wrote:
Way too often. And I know it has to do with the fact that I change and wash my linen weekly. Years ago when I changed the linen bi-weekly, my sets lasted longer.

Why did you start changing your linen weekly?

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jun 21 2015, 10:28 am
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
Why did you start changing your linen weekly?

Sensativies and allergies to dirt and allergens. I get hives Sad

silly

Post Sun, Jun 21 2015, 11:12 am
I dont buy often new linen sets , I got married with 4 linen sets and I bought 1 new once since, that was my afikomen I asked from dh!

innovative mom

Post Sun, Jun 21 2015, 11:58 am
silly wrote:
I dont buy often new linen sets , I got married with 4 linen sets and I bought 1 new once since, that was my afikomen I asked from dh!

Well, how long are you married and how much use has your linen gotten?

silly

Post Sun, Jun 21 2015, 12:01 pm
5 yrs

silly

Post Sun, Jun 21 2015, 12:01 pm
it got used a lot!

innovative mom

Post Sun, Jun 21 2015, 12:04 pm
That's relatively quick. That would average at buying a set a year. Linen should be something that lasts a lot longer then that!

silly

Post Sun, Jun 21 2015, 12:06 pm
they r all in good condition except for one
. I wish they weren't expensive so I can buy lot more
I love seeing nice linen sets and I like change

Rosemarie

Post Sun, Jun 21 2015, 2:58 pm
A little off topic, but I am tying to set up a beautiful guest room and want to buy new linen for it. I checked out the local Boro park sales but even there the prices were around $200 for a set (2 beds) and I only saw 1 set in all 3 stores I went to that I liked enough to consider spending that much. Is there anywhere online that I can get good quality elegant linen sets for twin size beds for a good price? Something soft, maybe sateen, elegant pattern...

Rosemarie

Post Sun, Jun 21 2015, 3:01 pm
Oh, forgot to add, I only want sets with duvet cover, fitted sheet and 2 pillow cases. I wouldn't know how to use flat sheet sets.
If matching throw pillows and dust ruffles are an option for cheap, that's a bonus

innovative mom

Post Sun, Jun 21 2015, 3:12 pm
Rosemarie wrote:
A little off topic, but I am tying to set up a beautiful guest room and want to buy new linen for it. I checked out the local Boro park sales but even there the prices were around $200 for a set (2 beds) and I only saw 1 set in all 3 stores I went to that I liked enough to consider spending that much. Is there anywhere online that I can get good quality elegant linen sets for twin size beds for a good price? Something soft, maybe sateen, elegant pattern...

You can try Amazon or overstocks.com enter the word duvet cover into the search. They do sometimes have nice soft sets. Then you'd probab need to buy a solid colored fitted sheet to match. Sometimes home goods also has nice sets in the linens department.

Rosemarie

Post Sun, Jun 21 2015, 7:38 pm
Are there any good stores I should check out that sell duvet cover sets and matching sheet sets, or complete sets for good prices? I don't mind going to Manhattan or a mall, especially if I can get there by train. I am having a hard time figuring out what's good online, while in a store I can feel it and see it in real...

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Jun 21 2015, 7:39 pm
I have not seen them in person, but Closeout Connections is supposed to have a selection at good prices (Boro Park, Lakewood, probably elsewhere too).

Rosemarie

Post Sun, Jun 21 2015, 8:28 pm
OOTBubby wrote:
I have not seen them in person, but Closeout Connections is supposed to have a selection at good prices (Boro Park, Lakewood, probably elsewhere too).

I have seen those and they are good for kids rooms, the prints and the feel. I want something more elegant and softer. I am sure people who shop elsewhere not in the Jewish stores have elegant soft linen. And I kind of doubt they spend the prices that are charged locally. Do any department stores like Macy's carry nice linen for good prices?

starch

Post Sun, Jun 21 2015, 9:48 pm
I know a few people who have gotten pretty sets for a good price in Ikea.

mommy3b2c

Post Sun, Jun 21 2015, 10:16 pm
Rosemarie wrote:
Are there any good stores I should check out that sell duvet cover sets and matching sheet sets, or complete sets for good prices? I don't mind going to Manhattan or a mall, especially if I can get there by train. I am having a hard time figuring out what's good online, while in a store I can feel it and see it in real...

I just bought a set in close out connection for $80. They had a decent selection.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Mon, Jun 22 2015, 12:33 am
Closeout Connections also has better sets for a bit more. It doesn't hurt to check. Last week they put up a sign that they were getting in new sets on Thursday (past Thursday).

amother
Purple

Post Mon, Jun 22 2015, 1:05 am
after shopping around BP, I got linen from mrs Andrusier in crown heights who sells it out of her basement so she has no overhead. give her a call - 9532909

Last edited by amother on Tue, Apr 05 2016, 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics