Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Where to buy wedding dress

mema613

Post Sun, Jun 21 2015, 12:12 pm
I am a little clueless in this parshe so here it goes.

(1) I see that one can purchase online wedding dress for ~$200-$300
(2) I was *told* that if you get a dress from a gemach that it costs a small fortune to get it cleaned

So my question is can one buy a dress locally (NYC area) for a price close to the prices that one sees online. Wedding will be I"H Nov 8th so I think I have time to explore all options (I.e. online may take 5-6 weeks to arrive). Also, if the assumptions that I stated above are untrue, please let me know.

Iymnok

Post Sun, Jun 21 2015, 12:18 pm
Call a cleaners for a quote on the cleaning. I'd assume the affordable online ones are of lesser quality, but it's for one day.

If I had bought one I totally would have used it for a home date night... If it still fit.

Call the "gemachim" (quotes because with prices like that I call it rental)

mema613

Post Sun, Jun 21 2015, 12:21 pm
Iymnok wrote:
... I'd assume the affordable online ones are of lesser quality, but it's for one day....

BINGO!

Dolly Welsh

Post Sun, Jun 21 2015, 12:49 pm
Tell the dry cleaner to keep the dress aside, until he changes the fluid in the drum. It is much better if he cleans it when he has just put in NEW fluid. He will know what you mean, and why you want that.

That's why it's good to have a lot of advance lead time, to wait for the new fluid.

Amarante

Post Sun, Jun 21 2015, 1:09 pm
My friend bought a dress on sale at David's for a relatively small amount.

out-of-towner

Post Sun, Jun 21 2015, 1:28 pm
AFAIK, Eherenfelds Gemach doesn't charge for cleaning. They charge 250 for taking it right then or 50 if you just want to reserve it for a week or so before the wedding. It's all inclusive. They have gowns, headpieces, veils, deck tichels exc. Much cheaper than a rental which can cost a LOT. It's in BP, I think it's call Zichron Yehudis Miriam or something like that.

amother
Pearl

Post Sun, Jun 21 2015, 1:32 pm
out-of-towner wrote:
AFAIK, Eherenfelds Gemach doesn't charge for cleaning. They charge 250 for taking it right then or 50 if you just want to reserve it for a week or so before the wedding. It's all inclusive. They have gowns, headpieces, veils, deck tichels exc. Much cheaper than a rental which can cost a LOT. It's in BP, I think it's call Zichron Yehudis Miriam or something like that.

Are you referring to their bridal Gemach?
They told me I could bring it back dirty. It cost $250. I reserved it two months in advance and picked it with enough time for alterations at my own tailor.

mini350

Post Thu, Jul 02 2015, 2:12 pm
Hi,
if you are still in search of a wedding dress. I have dresses for sale in the price range you are looking for. I also have everything else for the bride
you can email me at miriam.lovelybridal@gmail.com for more info
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics