Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
WIN a copy of the 2015-16 Balabusta’s Daily Organizer
1  2  3  4  Next

Yael

Post Sun, Jun 21 2015, 2:35 pm
Win a deluxe gift edition of The Balabusta's Daily Organizer

Now in its 8th year, The Balabusta's Daily Organizer is the premier weekly/monthly planner keeping today’s Jewish woman organized.

Enter to win a deluxe edition of The Balabusta's Daily Organizer — the perfect gift for a kallah, hostess, housewarming, friend — or for yourself!

To enter, just post your favorite tip for keeping your home/life organized in this thread.
You may even see your tip in print!
Contest ends June 26, Erev Shabbos Parshas Chukas at candlelighting wherever you live.

Examples:
    “Try to eat something before grocery shopping. You’ll save yourself money and calories!”

“Plan your whole week’s menu Motzei Shabbos, or Sunday at the latest. You’re usually less stressed then, and actually have a few minutes to think. Having your menus written out for the whole week lets you shop before it’s an emergency, saving you time and money. You may never need to order take-out pizza again!”

“Stick to one brand of containers for bulk storage. Then you can stack them and save much-needed space.”

SMALL PRINT FROM OUR ATTORNEYS:
Plagiarism is bad! You can use a quote from a book/magazine/etc., but please say where you found it.

Sponsored Post

INSPIREME

Post Sun, Jun 21 2015, 2:48 pm
Make a to do list each day of everything that needs to get done

myself

Post Sun, Jun 21 2015, 3:17 pm
When doing a cooking/baking marathon always clean the kitchen/appliances between recipes, it's way more pleasant to work in a clean kitchen and you'll avoid the pile-up.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Jun 21 2015, 3:23 pm
Do laundry based on room so there is less sorting to do when putting away the clean clothing.

artz

Post Sun, Jun 21 2015, 3:28 pm
Prepare your kids clothes the night before you can avoid a rush that way

fruit bowl

Post Sun, Jun 21 2015, 3:40 pm
When making supper try doubling and freezing. For example if you have package chopped meat instead of using half of it and freezing other half just prepare the whole amount and freeze. This way when your rushed for time or something unexpected comes up you are prepared.
Make sure whatever you stick into your freezer is clearly labeled.

relish

Post Sun, Jun 21 2015, 3:44 pm
Pick one thing in your home that you will always leave clean when you go to bed, and be consistent.

kb

Post Sun, Jun 21 2015, 3:45 pm
Put kids clothing away together as outfits instead of shirts and pants separately.

Store soups in ziploc bags - freeze flat to maximize the space in your freezer.

luppamom

Post Sun, Jun 21 2015, 3:46 pm
Got this one from a friend.

Make a bunch of sandwiches and freeze them. Then, you don't have to make them every single night.

Tova

Post Sun, Jun 21 2015, 3:55 pm
Pick one or two days a month to pay all bills.
Give each child a place (ie, mail box slot) to put all papers/notes they bring home from school that you can go through at your convenience later that night and sign things/ dispose of as appropriate. That way you don't have papers flying all over the place or stuck under your nose when you are trying to make dinner.

(BTW, I love this organizer and have owned one each year since it came out!)

JAWSCIENCE

Post Sun, Jun 21 2015, 3:56 pm
When storing kids clothes place large labels on the outside of the box so that when the next child is the right size you won't have to go fishing around for the correct box.

When you make a yom tov menu also write what day each item will be made if cooking in advance so that grocery shopping can proceed accordingly.

LiLIsraeli

Post Sun, Jun 21 2015, 4:04 pm
Keep a roll of paper towels and a spray bottle of cleanser in the bathroom. While bathing the kids you can give the toilet and sink a quick spray and wipe so the bathroom doesn't get too dirty.

(I think I picked this up from someone here, maybe nicole81?)

SJcookie

Post Sun, Jun 21 2015, 4:32 pm
Devise a standard grocery shopping list and go shopping only 1-2 times a week.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Jun 21 2015, 4:33 pm
As I use up supplies, I add it to the grocery list immediately so I don't forget. Then, the night before the weekly grocery order, I go through the previous list, edit and update it, and plan the menus for the next week and add the necessary ingredients for those meals to the list. The list gets typed up on my phone, and then emailed to DH, who does the weekly shopping in my home.

kb

Post Sun, Jun 21 2015, 4:38 pm
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
As I use up supplies, I add it to the grocery list immediately so I don't forget. Then, the night before the weekly grocery order, I go through the previous list, edit and update it, and plan the menus for the next week and add the necessary ingredients for those meals to the list. The list gets typed up on my phone, and then emailed to DH, who does the weekly shopping in my home.

If you'll excuse me, but it's really hard to take balabusta advice from someone who calls herself Amelia Bedelia. Very Happy

(If you have smart phones, check out Our Groceries app - I have a list on my phone and dh is synced to it. We can both make changes and it shows up on both phones.)

bookie

Post Sun, Jun 21 2015, 4:41 pm
Prepare everything the night before. Do a quick run through the entire house every day putting things back where they belong.

anonymrs

Post Sun, Jun 21 2015, 5:10 pm
When you bake cookies, double the recipe and freeze half of it raw so you can always pull it out and have fresh cookies wihtout the mess.

MagentaYenta

Post Sun, Jun 21 2015, 5:50 pm
Use denture tablets for cleaning flower vases and getting the rust and hard water stains out of toilet bowls. (Buy the cheap ones at the dollar store.)

sped

Post Sun, Jun 21 2015, 5:57 pm
When I am tired, I go to sleep and wake up early the next morning to finish up. After a night's rest, everything seems less overwhelming.

lucky14

Post Sun, Jun 21 2015, 5:57 pm
Keep a notepad with pen attached on the refrigerator, whenever you run out of something (or notice you're really low), add it to the list. Take a look at the list before you go shopping each week. When you get home cross off any things you were able to get.

edit: oops, I just read what others posted (I purposely didn't before I wrote so I wouldn't unintentionally copy someone else's idea) and realized someone else already wrote this same thing basically :/

Last edited by lucky14 on Sun, Jun 21 2015, 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics