Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
WIN a copy of the 2015-16 Balabusta’s Daily Organizer
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

Lady Bug

Post Mon, Jun 22 2015, 2:01 am
I organize my kitchen cabinets according to how I use things (I've always done this, but I think I saw it in one of the magaZines once, maybe Ami). That means spices and oil near the oven, formula together with baby bottles near the perculator, cereal near the paper goods etc

carrot

Post Mon, Jun 22 2015, 7:28 am
I recently started using index cards for lists (such as to-do list or list of errands/shopping). They are the right size for a list so I don't end up using the same paper for too long with so many cross-outs and random notes that it's no longer organized. Also good size to grab and stick in my purse without needing to be folded, so easier to use when on the go, and they seem less likely to get smushed or lost.

questioner

Post Mon, Jun 22 2015, 7:55 am
Shoe bags are great organizers. Besides for shoes / crocs / slippers, I use compartments for headbands, bows, shabbos socks etc. I have another one that I use for miscellaneous plugs / chargers / cords etc.

blossoming flower

Post Mon, Jun 22 2015, 8:00 am
Before starting a big cooking project, or before baking anything, line your counter with a disposable tablecloth. It makes clean up a breeze! It also makes you feel so good, when one minute your kitchen looks like a mess, and then you just roll up your tablecloth- and presto!- your kitchen it clean!

chouli

Post Mon, Jun 22 2015, 8:30 am
Every evening before going to bed, wash the dishes. When you get up in the morning you won't feel overwhelmed by the mess that is still waiting for you, but instead you can start with your food preparations right away.

pumpkinsbubby

Post Mon, Jun 22 2015, 8:43 am
I always prepare the next days clothing for myself before I retire for the evening. I base my outfit on what I have planned for the following day, I.e., a doctor's appointment, a day of running errands, a day of doing chores around the house, etc. etc. It's so much easier than waking up late and trying to quickly figure out what to put on last minute.

Sunny Days

Post Mon, Jun 22 2015, 8:50 am
never saw the balabusta calendar, so maybe they have similar tip...

Last edited by Sunny Days on Sun, Jun 10 2018, 8:36 am; edited 1 time in total

Sunny Days

Post Mon, Jun 22 2015, 8:54 am
maybe s/1 posted this already, pretty common, but will say...

I don't go to sleep before preparing my toddler & babys clothing /pamper (I put on my night chest, so can help them get dressed even when 1/2 asleep) I search house for shoes (so don't have to run around searching when need to run down to bus...)

Sunny Days

Post Mon, Jun 22 2015, 9:02 am
to keep hair accessories neat:

Last edited by Sunny Days on Sun, Jun 10 2018, 8:36 am; edited 1 time in total

Sunny Days

Post Mon, Jun 22 2015, 9:05 am
blossoming flower wrote:
Before starting a big cooking project, or before baking anything, line your counter with a disposable tablecloth. It makes clean up a breeze! It also makes you feel so good, when one minute your kitchen looks like a mess, and then you just roll up your tablecloth- and presto!- your kitchen it clean!

take a big plastic bag or saran wrap & put over mixer, under bowl, so all mess is on plastic.

when baking, I sometimes like to prepare all ing all measured out before I start mixing, sometimes is necessitates more dirty measuring cups, but as I put ing away imed. after measuring I am left with a clean workspace (very imp when only sm place to work)

jkw

Post Mon, Jun 22 2015, 9:09 am
Bought a cheap whiteboard at the dollar store and stuck it on the wall with sticky tape. The second I run out of something or think of something we need, it goes on the white board. Then I "relist" under which store to buy it from (grocery, produce, hardware etc.) so that when it is time to go shopping to one of the above stores I can just copy the list for that store down on a piece of paper to bring with me. That's the low tech version...HTH

Sunny Days

Post Mon, Jun 22 2015, 9:09 am
sotired3 wrote:
When you go away for shabbos, bring along a laundry bag. It makes unpacking so simple, as you simply bring the bag of dirty clothes down to the laundry room as soon as you get home.

when I go away for a couple of days, like yom tom I take three garbage bags & immediately sort laundry (same as my hamper @ home) so able to throw a load in as soon as I come home

Last edited by Sunny Days on Mon, Jun 22 2015, 9:18 am; edited 1 time in total

Sunny Days

Post Mon, Jun 22 2015, 9:15 am
immediately when done using a pot add hot water & soap, even if (especially if!) you don't get to wash that night, washing the pot will be so much easier.

when folding laundry- sort into open drawers/closet where clothing kept & then fold. will be easier then shlepping piles of folded laundry to designated spot

rolls rose

Post Mon, Jun 22 2015, 10:00 am
Prioritizing your 'To Do' list focuses You on reality - what is crucial comes first, what is essential comes second, what is urgent or important comes a close third and everything else will have to get done in it's order of necessity. Lists are worthy only if they keep You focused and on task- they should not make You frantic and stressed.
Taken from the book "1001 T.I.P.S." by Mothers Association of Bais Yaakov of Toronto.

Liebs

Post Mon, Jun 22 2015, 10:18 am
Make your own cake mixes of your favorite recipes. Put all the dry ingredients in a ziplock back and write with permanent marker what to add. Ex. Choc cake add eggs/oil/water/vanilla extract

Take a picture of your toy (ex. cars/mentchies/animals/clicks) and tape it onto the box it belongs in. Cleanup time is fun and easier with each kid knowing which toy goes in their box. (When the kids see the real picture of it, they enjoy it and know exactly what to do)

Use the low 9x13 pans, they save a LOT of freezer space. (Be careful with gravy stuff they may spill. I use for brownies/low cakes/chicken/breaded cutlets....

Prepare chicken and chicken cutlets raw in freezer with sauce. Pull out and stick in oven on delay start (some ovens have that option) or defrost and bake. Tastes fresh and delicious! DO this before pregnancy nausea kicks in or whenever you'd like to save time! I do this often - prepare 10 suppers in advance and I'm off for 2-3 weeks.

BeHappy!

Post Mon, Jun 22 2015, 12:58 pm
Prepare supper the night before. When I come home from a crazy day at work, I don't have to stress about making supper - just slide the pans into the oven!

November

Post Mon, Jun 22 2015, 2:25 pm
rolls rose wrote:
Prioritizing your 'To Do' list focuses You on reality - what is crucial comes first, what is essential comes second, what is urgent or important comes a close third and everything else will have to get done in it's order of necessity. Lists are worthy only if they keep You focused and on task- they should not make You frantic and stressed.
Taken from the book "1001 T.I.P.S." by Mothers Association of Bais Yaakov of Toronto.

I know I already wrote a tip but I did want to respond to this. I find that writing lists when I am frantic and stressed actually helps relieve some of those overwhelmed feelings. Just sayin'.

bamba

Post Mon, Jun 22 2015, 3:24 pm
When I don't have time and my house is a mess this is what I do. Pile up the dirty dishes, tidy the counters, pick up the mess from the floor, run around the bathroom with a dettol wipe and voila you have a decent, clean looking house!

I also leave the things that people don't see until I have time. For example I have a spare room so I stopped getting bothered about the clean washing piling up. When I have time about once a week will spend half an hour folding it all. (Only 2 of us and a baby so not so much!!!)

Shmaichel

Post Mon, Jun 22 2015, 4:55 pm
Spending time 'alone' is the biggest investment you can make for your family. You feel relaxed, taken care of, and refreshed... and full of energy to face all the rest of your responsibilities.

boysrus

Post Mon, Jun 22 2015, 8:59 pm
Keep a pretty basket near the entrance of your dining room/living room so that you can do a quick clean up on a frequent basis. All it takes is putting into the basket the things that dont belong in that room, take it with you when you leave the room adn put all the stuff away. Quick clean up!
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics