Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Cheder Ateres Tzvi closing?

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Jun 21 2015, 3:17 pm
Dear Ateres Tzvi mother if the rumor is true, what's your next step? Where are you going? What was the problem with the Yeshiva in your estimation?
I don't have first hand information, any Ateres Tzvi mother, true? Untrue?

Maya

Post Sun, Jun 21 2015, 4:46 pm
Is your title a statement or a question?

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Jun 21 2015, 6:45 pm
yes its closing.

or so I hear.

sleepless mom

Post Sun, Jun 21 2015, 8:27 pm
Yes it's closing and now the rabbis have to find a new job Sad

Notsobusy

Post Sun, Jun 21 2015, 9:47 pm
sleepless mom wrote:
Yes it's closing and now the rabbis have to find a new job Sad

I don't know anything about this yeshiva, but I can only imagine that for each rebbe who lost his job, there must be 25-30 kids who don't have a school to go to next year. That bothers me much more.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Jun 28 2015, 12:04 pm
It's actually remaining open under new leadership. It's been mismanaged for years so this is a step in the right direction.

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Jul 26 2015, 11:08 pm
I saw the ad in the Comunity Connections, they added 2 rabbi's besides Rabbi Rottenberg who was the only leader until now. Is that called new leadership? Would that be enough? Or that is too little, too late?

amother
Pumpkin

Post Mon, Jul 27 2015, 6:17 pm
There is also a new board of directors. I hear they're really whipping it into shape.

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, Jul 27 2015, 6:18 pm
amother wrote:
There is also a new board of directors. I hear they're really whipping it into shape.
wat was the issue ?

amother
Pumpkin

Post Mon, Jul 27 2015, 6:25 pm
In my opinion there wasn't anyone in charge of the place, just a bunch of people wearing a bunch of different hats.

I should also add I have 2 boys in the cheder and it's a wonderful place!

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Jul 27 2015, 9:13 pm
I'm not a parent at the Yeshiva but I'm a friend of this Yeshiva and other private (not owned by a big company) mosdos.
As I see it the issues was as follows: the yeshiva is a place for modern chasidishe families. Some father's have clean shaved beards, some mother's dress (completely non chasidish) modern, some people are more frum. It was a lack of guidance and leadership what is permissible and what is too far. Also in other areas it wasn't the leadership motivation and goals. This created another major problem : funding. If nobody knows what this Yeshiva stands for, no major funding was forthcoming. I'm afraid this issues were not solved with adding the new rabbis or with the new - new board.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, Jul 28 2015, 9:40 am
Pp, I respectfully disagree with your opinion. First of all the cheder is not just for modern chassidish families. There are all types there, plain heimish, yeshivish, chassidish, and everything in between. I would say 60% wear shtreimels. Also, ever since Rabbi Greenfeld took over as menahel 2 years ago they have become more selective with acceptance. They have clear tznius rules in the parent handbook. That said, they aren't the type of cheder (like most in Monsey unfortunately are) that looks for excuses to give parents problems, so it's a delicate balance.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics