Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Children kicked out of school
  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
Hotpink

Post Sun, Jun 21 2015, 9:14 pm
Principal is saying he is kicking kids out for no real reason. He has been giving me problems since last year. My children are well behaved but now it is June and I am left to find them another yeshiva. I have to have bitachon and know this is part of the plan.
meanwhile, does anyone have experience with this type of thing such that the principal gives a hard time -you have no say about anything and then he says "find your children another yeshiva"?

CPenzias

Post Sun, Jun 21 2015, 9:31 pm
Gotta love the yeshiva system

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jun 21 2015, 10:05 pm
Just kicking out all of your children at once? Did all of them misbehave? Was the school not paid tuition? What actually happened?
Hug

Dolly Welsh

Post Sun, Jun 21 2015, 10:09 pm
I know nothing about this but I remark that there are a lot of Torah Home Schooling threads here; a search will turn up a lot. A few dollars for bochurim to tutor, and some work on your part, and you might be all right.

There is a whole national movement, including support, conferences, and resource sources, for Torah Home Schooling. Your kids may need a more custom-tailored education for personal reasons of their own.

Schools have to teach to the average. That's not their fault. It's their job. But it doesn't suit everybody, and that's all right too.

GreenEyes26

Post Sun, Jun 21 2015, 10:15 pm
No way this is the entire story. No, OP, I don't think most kids are kicked out of yeshiva for no real reason.

naturalmom5

Post Sun, Jun 21 2015, 10:18 pm
Two words

Public school

Stars

Post Sun, Jun 21 2015, 10:24 pm
We're missing a lot of parts here.

Simple1

Post Sun, Jun 21 2015, 10:58 pm
Sorry you're going through this. But agree with the others - I've heard and noticed from experience that it's unusual for a yeshiva to kick a child out - it takes A LOT.

I've been given a hard time by the school with a child, but not kicked out. BH child did better in high school, with a new environment. Hopefully that will be the case for you.

Dolly Welsh

Post Sun, Jun 21 2015, 11:06 pm
The reasons and background don't matter now. OP has a situation now she needs to solve, no matter what the reasons were.

shoshanim999

Post Sun, Jun 21 2015, 11:08 pm
Op ur story is not believable. I would like to sympathize with u but plz tell us why ur kids r getting kicked out. It's not for no reason.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Jun 21 2015, 11:24 pm
shoshanim999 wrote:
Op ur story is not believable. I would like to sympathize with u but plz tell us why ur kids r getting kicked out. It's not for no reason.

Firstly, will you please write normally?

Secondly, why are you entitled to the story? You just told OP you don't believe her. So move on to a different thread. I can think of many reasons why her kids were kicked out. She is a different heskofer. The school doesn't feel the family is fine or a good fit. Her kids have issues. The school might not necessarily told OP the truth as to why she is being asked to leave.

It seems like OP was given warnings which may not have appeared to be warnings.

OP you have my sympathy and don't feel you need to share more.

SplitPea

Post Sun, Jun 21 2015, 11:33 pm
I think the story does matter.

If you were kicked out for not paying tuition the solution might be to fundraise

If they were kicked out because you as a family did not keep the schools image then maybe the school is not for you.

If they got kicked out because the school feels they need special education the school can't provide the answer might be something totally different.

Not knowing any background it's very hard to say.

I know people who have been asked not to come back to schools. For one reason or another the schools were not a good fit. By looking at that reason the parents were able to find a good fit and get on with their lives

mirror

Post Mon, Jun 22 2015, 12:42 am
Were you caught driving a car?

Sanguine

Post Mon, Jun 22 2015, 6:56 am
Devoirie wrote:
Were you caught driving a car?
Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter
(just had to laugh)

OP wrote:
does anyone have experience with this type of thing such that the principal gives a hard time -you have no say about anything and then he says "find your children another yeshiva"?

If you want a serious useful answer, you have to give more info. If you just want sympathy... Hug

cbg

Post Mon, Jun 22 2015, 7:19 am
amother wrote:
Principal is saying he is kicking kids out for no real reason. He has been giving me problems since last year. My children are well behaved but now it is June and I am left to find them another yeshiva. I have to have bitachon and know this is part of the plan.
meanwhile, does anyone have experience with this type of thing such that the principal gives a hard time -you have no say about anything and then he says "find your children another yeshiva"?

She's not asking for ideas on what to do
She's asking if anyone else was ever in this situation
Have a little compassion.
Op I'm sorry that this happened
This too is good
And one day you'll see it and say B"H

imasinger

Post Mon, Jun 22 2015, 8:23 am
How can anyone tell whether they were in her situation or not when she gives so little info?

"No real reason" could mean anything. Could be that the same situation happened to someone on the board, but they considered the reason to be legitimate.

OP, if you want to hear from others who have BTDT, assuming there are any here, you really do have to share more of the story.

If all you want is sympathy, here's hoping you find a solution that is fabulous, and have a worry free summer. Hug

Sanguine

Post Mon, Jun 22 2015, 8:40 am
imasinger wrote:
OP, if you want to hear from others who have BTDT, assuming there are any here, you really do have to share more of the story.

If all you want is sympathy, here's hoping you find a solution that is fabulous, and have a worry free summer. Hug
Same thing I said after you said it too - guess she just wants to vent. So forget it

imasoftov

Post Mon, Jun 22 2015, 8:49 am
Sanguine wrote:
Same thing I said after you said it too - guess she just wants to vent. So forget it

Ought to be a button for that. It will disallow replies, and the "hug" button will change to "sincere hug". Also you will be able to click it more than once and if you buy a product advertised here you can click it 18 times at once.

imasinger

Post Mon, Jun 22 2015, 8:55 am
imasoftov wrote:
Ought to be a button for that. It will disallow replies, and the "hug" button will change to "sincere hug". Also you will be able to click it more than once and if you buy a product advertised here you can click it 18 times at once.

Rolling Laughter Love it!

shoshanim999

Post Mon, Jun 22 2015, 9:09 am
The OP should give the general reason why her kids r really getting kicked out. She says the principal said it was for "no reason". Her post makes the yeshiva system look bad and would make people who believe her story think badly about yeshivos. I think 99% of us believe there is more to the story and its unfair that 1 or 2 people will read and believe this and think less of the wonderful rabanim that run our yeshivos. She clearly left out some if not most of the story.
Page 1 of 6   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics