Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Lakewood Cheder Dress Code

amother
Honeydew

Post Mon, Jun 22 2015, 6:54 am
Does anybody know the dress code for Primary? Thanks. (For x reason, I can't just call up and ask.)

kollel wife

Post Mon, Jun 22 2015, 10:31 am
My sons graduated the Cheder years ago - so my information is a bit outdated - but I have neighbors who send there.
The boys always wore shirts with collars, not tee shirts. No shirts with logos or words. Dark colored, conservative pants and dark sneakers or shoes - in the older grades this wasn't followed so much. First few grades they do wear shorts as well, again dark colors.

Is there someone (friend/neighbor) that you can ask for school list of regulations because that would be the best?

sky

Post Mon, Jun 22 2015, 1:22 pm
I don't think its that strict.
I think polos are only required in older grades (maybe 3rd), no logos or pictures. Same with dark pants - not until 2nd or third).
I don't send there but that was my impression.
Its probably best if you can get your hands on school pamphlet.

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, Jun 22 2015, 2:44 pm
Shirts with collars. Conservative pants or shorts (but can be light color). Not sure if there are rules about sneakers.

amother
Lilac

Post Mon, Jun 22 2015, 2:50 pm
Actually the Cheslder is one of the only schools in Lakewood that does not require you to wear shirts with collars. They are very lenient with dress code and child can basically wear how he wants except obviously too tight fitting pants or too flashy colors.

amother
Slateblue

Post Mon, Jun 22 2015, 4:25 pm
Perhaps you can call the front office anonymously and ask this question.

imamothertoo

Post Mon, Jun 22 2015, 9:59 pm
Clothing with fluorescent colors or with numbers, pictures, logos, and other writing is not permitted. Pants must be dark colors and loosely fitted. Slim pants are not allowed No ankle socks are permitted. Third grade and above, only shirts with collars may be worn and only black sneakers are permitted. Sneakers may not have white or any other colored stripes or designs. Only the soles may be white. Sneakers with flashing lights may not be worn by boys of all grades. Heelies or crocs may also not be worn

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Jun 23 2015, 2:21 pm
Thank you all!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children