Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Pleeeeeeeeeeese help me understand
Previous  1  2

imaima

Post Wed, Jun 24 2015, 2:07 am
amother wrote:
what bothered me was how my self esteen is so fragile and so super sensitive that I loose myself. I get so hurt. and thats something I cant change, but if you ladies have an idea how to channel sensitive nature to strong and good healthy self esteem. I would be willing to hear. I probably wouldnt take his comments so to heart. and as of now I know he is 6 and can make mistakes, thats not the issue the issue is why is my self esteem so low. why do I tell myself such horrible self talk. and how I give up so easily I suffer tremendously and need a solution. thank you ladies.

You can tell him in a calm voice, "It is painful for mommy to hear you speak like that. People feel bad when they are treated this way"
This way you are not hysterical, you expressed your feelings so they are not bottled up inside, and you have taught him to be empathetic.
Don't be afraid to appear vulnerable. CHildren who spend a lot of time with peers learn not to show vulnerability, so this becomes a norm even for adults.
I find that we should teach our children that we have a heart and a limit of what we can take. This is a sign of strength and not weakness to be open about how you feel.

israelgirl

Post Wed, Jun 24 2015, 4:25 am
I don't have advice on how to work on self esteem but I can say that it is one of the most impt character traits for a child to see in his parents. My mom has very low self esteem and it really effected my respect towards her. You need to hold of yourself and he needs to feel that...

imasinger

Post Wed, Jun 24 2015, 5:21 am
amother wrote:
what bothered me was how my self esteen is so fragile and so super sensitive that I loose myself. I get so hurt. and thats something I cant change, but if you ladies have an idea how to channel sensitive nature to strong and good healthy self esteem. I would be willing to hear. I probably wouldnt take his comments so to heart. and as of now I know he is 6 and can make mistakes, thats not the issue the issue is why is my self esteem so low. why do I tell myself such horrible self talk. and how I give up so easily I suffer tremendously and need a solution. thank you ladies.

Please look for a good therapist. This absolutely can change for you, and your whole life will be richer and happier if it does.

Im ein ani li, mi li?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics