Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Would you report this babysitter to the parents?
1  2  Next

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Jun 23 2015, 5:55 pm
I was in the park a few weeks ago, and I noticed a babysitter being very rough with a baby. The baby was in the stroller and the baby had a leaky diaper, so the babysitter changed him very roughly, kind of throwing him around a bit. I didn't know the baby, but I know the babysitter, because she usually babysits for a family that I know.

Today, she was watching her usual charges, and she wanted to fix the three year old's Kippa, which was clipped on to his hair. She yanked it off angrily, but the clip didn't come off easily. She kept yanking, and was yelling at the kid in Spanish. The kid was crying already before she started this, I'm not sure why, but I think it was because she had just changed his diaper and roughly sat him up on the bench.

A few minutes later, they were leaving the park, and the kid couldn't find his cup. She told him to look for it, but he looked for a minute and came back without it. So she pushed him toward the playground, not hard enough to hurt, but it was a nice shove. He didn't cry about it, he just went to look again. If it was my kid, the kid would cry after being pushed by a babysitter, and I would be fuming. All of this stuff would have been plenty of reason to find another babysitter. But this family has already been told that the babysitter was feeding the kid treif food, and she's still there. She's been with this family for years now.

Should I mind my own business here? I know I would want to be told if this was my babysitter- what do you think?

causemommysaid

Post Tue, Jun 23 2015, 5:59 pm
say something

silly

Post Tue, Jun 23 2015, 6:06 pm
wow this is crazy specially if shes feeding treif food

kb

Post Tue, Jun 23 2015, 6:07 pm
Report. It might not do anything, but at least you'll know you did what you could.

Dandelion1

Post Tue, Jun 23 2015, 6:17 pm
Yes!!!

Dandelion1

Post Tue, Jun 23 2015, 6:17 pm
My heart is breaking just reading about it!

sourstix

Post Tue, Jun 23 2015, 7:28 pm
oy who knows what else is going on when you dont see

amother
Brown

Post Tue, Jun 23 2015, 7:53 pm
yes deff say something....very unprofessional,wrong and sad! I would call the police and say "im in a public place and see a child caregiver mishandling a child." no one has the right to be cruel to a child like that! especially if its their job! she should not be allowed to work with children! ever!

Happy18

Post Tue, Jun 23 2015, 8:08 pm
Say something!!!!

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Jun 23 2015, 9:46 pm
OP here. I'm glad that everyone thinks I should say something. I'm so confused though, because this babysitter has been working for this same family for almost 20 years now. Earlier this year, she was seen giving this kid treif food, and the parents still kept her. I wonder if they are unaware of how she handles the children after all this time, or if she's just getting older and losing it. Maybe they just don't care. I doubt they will do anything about it, but I suppose I should leave it to them.

imasinger

Post Tue, Jun 23 2015, 10:12 pm
Yeah, they probably won't do anything, but you might feel better knowing that you did what you could.

Sad story.

SRB

Post Tue, Jun 23 2015, 10:15 pm
I agree with everyone else - YES say something! You are articulating for and protecting innocent children! I hope the parents find someone who will respect their children. IMO if the parents know about this behavior and allow it - that's child abuse. I'm sure you didn't see the only three mishandlings of this woman. I would want to know for sure!!!

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Jun 23 2015, 10:43 pm
OP here again. I called and spoke to the father. When I said how the kid was crying after having his diaper changed, the father told me that the kid is trained, but had an accident in his favorite underwear. He was upset that he couldn't wear that underwear anymore.

That explanation might tell me why he was crying and why she seemed so angry, but it still doesn't excuse her behavior. The father didn't react when I said about her pulling the kippa, but once I said she pushed him, he said, "She actually pushed him?" He thanked me for telling him and said he would discuss it with his wife. I guess we'll see what happens, but I'm guessing she'll still have her job after this. Oh well. I tried.

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, Jun 23 2015, 10:46 pm
amother wrote:
OP here again. I called and spoke to the father. When I said how the kid was crying after having his diaper changed, the father told me that the kid is trained, but had an accident in his favorite underwear. He was upset that he couldn't wear that underwear anymore.

That explanation might tell me why he was crying and why she seemed so angry, but it still doesn't excuse her behavior. The father didn't react when I said about her pulling the kippa, but once I said she pushed him, he said, "She actually pushed him?" He thanked me for telling him and said he would discuss it with his wife. I guess we'll see what happens, but I'm guessing she'll still have her job after this. Oh well. I tried.

call cps

amother
Smokey

Post Tue, Jun 23 2015, 10:48 pm
Op, I'm so happy you called!

I used to have the sweetest babysitter, I loved her. Until my downstairs neighbor (happened to be a relative of mine) informed me that my sitter screams at my toddler twins ALL day. Literally.

I was beyond shocked. She put on the softest, sweetest face to me all the time.

I cried for weeks knowing that I put my children thru this.

You can sleep calm that you did the right thing. If you see something wrong again, please tell the parents again.

Thanks for doing the right thing.

SRB

Post Tue, Jun 23 2015, 10:52 pm
Yikes- my heart breaks for these children! Parents are supposed to protect their children. I can't imagine a healthy normal parent not being more bothered than that father sounded. So sad.

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, Jun 23 2015, 11:30 pm
amother wrote:

call cps

acccdac

Post Tue, Jun 23 2015, 11:56 pm
amother wrote:
Op, I'm so happy you called!

I used to have the sweetest babysitter, I loved her. Until my downstairs neighbor (happened to be a relative of mine) informed me that my sitter screams at my toddler twins ALL day. Literally.

I was beyond shocked. She put on the softest, sweetest face to me all the time.

I cried for weeks knowing that I put my children thru this.

You can sleep calm that you did the right thing. If you see something wrong again, please tell the parents again.

Thanks for doing the right thing.

I dont know who you are, can you PM me I have a personal question to ask you about your situation to know for my own situation.

with a smile :)

Post Wed, Jun 24 2015, 4:19 pm
Always say something.

When I was a baby, back in the days before nannycams, I had a little baby friend. My mother was changing his diaper and when she moved her hand past his face to get a wipe, he jerked his hand in front of his face, as if to protect himself. My mother suspected he was being hit, and told the mother, who confronted the babysitter, who straight out admitted to slapping him the face on a regular basis. The babysitter was fired.

I'm so glad she said something, and I will always say something if I think there is a problem.

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, Jun 24 2015, 4:35 pm
Just 2 words: Nanny Cameras

When dealing with defenseless babies, do the responsible thing!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics