Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
What item can I sell?

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, Jun 24 2015, 4:03 pm
Hi everyone. I'm impressed with everyone's ideas... Here's my question: we want to open a small home/car based business of selling something. We have contacts in the Heimish areas in Brooklyn, and upstate. We would like to sell an item that we can keep in car/home and deliver on demand. Preferably not anything too personalized so we shouldn't have to have so much stock in each location...
What item do you ladies think I should sell?

zaq

Post Wed, Jun 24 2015, 6:15 pm
Rather than ask "what can I sell?" ask "What do you need or want that you have a hard time finding and would be happy to buy if someone would deliver it to your door on demand?" IOW, find a need that is not being met and meet it.

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, Jun 24 2015, 6:21 pm
Thanx for rephrasing my question! !! Does anyone have an idea what this need is?

imalady

Post Wed, Jun 24 2015, 7:50 pm
copy paper,

storage containers, storage bags... particularly in Brooklyn, not so easy to get cheaply, and people always need to store things (clothing, succos decorations, extra blankets whatever.

Million things you can sell, problem is finding a supplier.

Also it may be better to sell to small stores than directly to customers

a store in Eretz yisrael is starting to sell really small packages of all normal things trying to sell to single people and small families. everything they sell is 5 shekel. Maybe such an idea can work for you. Buy at Costco and repackage it for seniors, singles, newlyweds, bochurim.

Actually bochurim is also a good option, bring kugel Thursday night to their yeshivas, sort of like an ice cream truck but with chulent and kugel.

The list goes on and on

imamom7

Post Wed, Jun 24 2015, 10:11 pm
Toivel dishes
Bedika cloths
Diapers

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Jun 24 2015, 11:11 pm
I would pay someone to do errands. sometimes dh has the car and its just too hard to get out to return something or mail something. Can you charge a fee to run errands?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics