Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Fish Allergy and Swimming in a Lake

momto2

Post Wed, Jun 24 2015, 9:15 pm
My son who is allergic to fish is going to camp. Do you think he needs to be concerned about going swimming or tubing in a lake? They swim in a pool but I'm concerned about trips. Anyone with any experience? Thanks!

MagentaYenta

Post Wed, Jun 24 2015, 9:19 pm
Unless he's gonna be swimming around and catching baitfish with his mouth and eating them you are good to go. I'd be more concerned about fecal coliform levels in a lake or chemical run off into it.

momto2

Post Wed, Jun 24 2015, 9:42 pm
I figured it's safe but was wondering if there was anyone here with actual experience. Thanks.

yOungM0mmy

Post Thu, Jun 25 2015, 10:37 am
I am allergic to fish, have to wear gloves when handling fish, raw or cooked, but have gone to the beach and snorkelling with no problems.

momto2

Post Thu, Jun 25 2015, 12:42 pm
Thanks young mommy! Just what I wanted to hear! I actually called his allergist also and was hoping he'd get back to me before my son left. As soon as he got onto the bus, the allergist called me back and told me that it's not a problem - I called him off the bus and told him.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics