Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
DH doesn't ask Shailos, I need a Rav I can ask (Flatbush)

amother
Ivory

Post Thu, Jun 25 2015, 3:43 pm
MY DH, though wonderful, is not big on asking Shailos. He grew up with a non-American mother, who while supposedly very frum, does things because "they feel right" but not necesarily that comply with halacha. (She is an avid davener and says tons of tehillim, but shes ok with lighting shabbos candles a few minutes past shkia, for example.) This post is not about his mother, but I'm just explaining his mentality. he has a a Rav to consult with on nidda issues, and a friend who is going for smicha who he asks some things to. But I would love to have a Rav to consult with, not just on halachic questions, but also life questions. DH won't be the one to do this, so I need to find my own. I have never asked shailos myself before. How do I go about this. Do I just pick a Rav and call him? It feels strange to me.

Can someone please recommend a Rav in Flatbush who is open to receiving Shailos from a random woman? And do I introduce myself? How does this work?

TIA!

doctorima

Post Thu, Jun 25 2015, 4:22 pm
It depends on your goal. Are you just looking for a knowledgeable and competent Rav who will give an accurate and reliable p'sak on niddah shailos to a woman, or someone who will actually get to know you and advise you on life questions as well? The first will be much easier, but you mentioned both in your post.

amother
Ivory

Post Thu, Jun 25 2015, 4:26 pm
doctorima wrote:
It depends on your goal. Are you just looking for a knowledgeable and competent Rav who will give an accurate and reliable p'sak on niddah shailos to a woman, or someone who will actually get to know you and advise you on life questions as well? The first will be much easier, but you mentioned both in your post.

We DO have a Rav to ask Nidda question to. I'm talking about someone I can ask day to day halachic and life questions to.

amother
Aqua

Post Thu, Jun 25 2015, 4:44 pm
Call rabbi beck in Flatbush. Just say hello id like to ask a shaila. He has tons of patience

amother
Yellow

Post Thu, Jun 25 2015, 6:23 pm
If want life advice you may be better off finding a rebitzin who can discuss something she is not sure of with her husband. It may be more comfortable.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions