Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
5 towns/far rockaway sheitel macher

Lanz892

Post Thu, Jun 25 2015, 3:48 pm
any suggestions? not insanely priced?

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Jun 25 2015, 4:13 pm
Lanz892 wrote:
any suggestions? not insanely priced?

I use Ariella Trachtenberg in Bayswater and Aviva david in north woodmere. I can message you their numbers if you would like.

Lanz892

Post Thu, Jun 25 2015, 4:21 pm
that would be great!

Yalli

Post Fri, Aug 05 2016, 4:42 pm
I use an excellent (and sweet heart) sheitelmacher in Cedarhurst: Mimi Fehler 347 262 1895

amother
Bronze

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 10:52 am
updated list?

Yalli

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 11:58 am
I use an excellent (and sweet heart) sheitelmacher in Cedarhurst: Mimi Fehler 347 262 1895. She is extremely talented, accommodating, and reasonably priced.

On this last point of price, I found that if you go to the cheapest sheitelmacher around, you not only aren't saving any money at all, but it ends up costing you much more for a wearable decent product. The product is unsatisfactory and the cutting/styling is below standards.

A wise person told me when I was on a tight budget and in the market for a sheitel:
"If you aren't rich enough to waste money, you can't afford cheap."

I also learned that a good sheitel macher will have better pieces from the same company! This is because: (1) the company will only send their better pieces to their better sheitel machers and save the defective ones for "clearance sales" or sheitel machers that don't know better; (2) the sheitel macher will weed out any pieces that don't seem right in quality and construction, handpicking the best product of that company for her stock and customers.

So, don't think that the Dini or Kiki or Shevy you "picked up" on sale by some sheitel macher is the same as the Dini or Kiki or Shevy that was handpicked by a discerning experienced sheitel macher.

No two sheitels, even from same company, are exactly the same.

And here is a final thought, what do you think the sheitel manufacturers do with faulty, rejected, returned sheitel?

Do you think:

(a) they throw them out in the garbage (HINT: no!);
(b) put them on "sale" (HINT: sometimes);
(c) pass them off to inexperienced or uncaring or unskilled sheitel machers (HINT: often);
(d) try to sell them to walk in customers that think they can buy direct from manufacturer (HINT: always!!) .

amother
Bronze

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 12:50 pm
Unfortunately I went to a very popular and experienced sheital macher in the area and she didnt do a great job.

I also am a newlywed and I do not have any wearable wigs now. I paid so much money for my wigs and I can't even wear them.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels