Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
Quick!! Need a really simple, quick, yet delicious steak rec

fbc

Post Mon, Jun 29 2015, 10:01 am
It's my husband's first day on the job, and our half year wedding anniversary Smile hubby lives steak, and I wanted to give him something special tonight. I have a steak in the freezer, and I can broil it in the oven after I get home, I just need a really simple recipe! I'm thinking more like with spices, maybe onions, not too much work, so I can have it ready when he confess home, which will be like an hour and a half after me. Thanks!!

fbc

Post Mon, Jun 29 2015, 10:01 am
Lol, I meant hubby loves steak!

The Happy Wife

Post Mon, Jun 29 2015, 10:11 am
Season her nervously with McCormack garlic and herb grill seasoning and broil.

Amarante

Post Mon, Jun 29 2015, 10:45 am
What cut of steak is it?

If it is a tender cut of well marbled steak (I.e. rib eye), then seasoning it well with salt, pepper and garlic, is all you need.

If it is a tougher cut, then marinating it for about 20 minutes and then cutting on the diagonal works. You don't want to overcook as that really toughens it up.

Also let the steak "rest" for about 10 minutes before cutting and serving because that enables the juice to not all pour out when cut and so the meat is juicier. Tent it with some tin foil to keep it warm while you finish up the rest of the meal.

githen03

Post Mon, Jun 29 2015, 12:17 pm
I like to put some light olive oil on steak together with salt, black pepper, garlic powder, thyme, rosemary and a splash of soy sauce. It comes out really well pan-seared medium rare or however you like (depending on what cut of steak it is).

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jun 29 2015, 7:22 pm
I would suggest the same as above posters, but not for a chuck steak, sorry. That needs long slow cooking.

fbc

Post Mon, Jun 29 2015, 7:25 pm
Shoot, so now what do I do?? It's already marinating but I don't have 2 hrs right now unless we didn't want to eat till 830!

Amarante

Post Mon, Jun 29 2015, 7:30 pm
You could treat as a London broil which is also a tough cut of meat. The trick is to slice on the diagonal so that the long strands of tough fiber are cut and so the slices are not as tough.

But chuck steak is not generally considered to be a "broiling" steak as it is typically used for stews where it can soften from a long braise or it is ground up for good hamburger or meat loaf.

PAMOM

Post Mon, Jun 29 2015, 7:46 pm
The London broil idea is good. If your marinade has wine or vinegar (like Italian dressing ), these will tenderize the meat.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics