Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
SETSS Billing Question
1  2  Next

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, Jun 29 2015, 10:31 am
HI! I've been terribly behind in billing my SETSS sessions, and am wondering how far back I could bill. Does anyone know? Can't reach anyone at the DOE.

shev143

Post Mon, Jun 29 2015, 11:05 am
I think you can bill from September, and all billing is due by end of august, I think

amother
Pewter

Post Mon, Jun 29 2015, 1:54 pm
It says on the paper that you signed that you have 90 (business) days. try billing and if it goes through, you're good. If it doesn't...then it doesn't. In general, the earliest you can bill is the first of the following month (you can bill for may on june 1st).

runninglate

Post Mon, Jun 29 2015, 1:56 pm
If you need help, try calling your councilmans office. Ive found David Greenfields office to be very helpful with resolving p3 issues.

Rosemarie

Post Mon, Jun 29 2015, 3:08 pm
I just billed in may for one of my students for all months going back to September and it all went thru. After 90 days they start sending you emails to tell you that you are behind in billing. But you can bill for the school year until the next school year starts, I think.
Also, try leaving them a message, I found they called back within a few days. This is the number I call about payment questions and issues. 718-935-2760. Or email them at NPSPPaymentInquiries@schools.nyc.gov.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, Jun 29 2015, 4:16 pm
Thanks! Also, does anyone know if I could accept a SETSS case for a 10-year-old child if I'm only certified to do through Grade 2, if the parents are unable to find a provider with certification for k-8...? Who would know the answer to that question? Thanks.

Rosemarie

Post Mon, Jun 29 2015, 4:25 pm
amother wrote:
Thanks! Also, does anyone know if I could accept a SETSS case for a 10-year-old child if I'm only certified to do through Grade 2, if the parents are unable to find a provider with certification for k-8...? Who would know the answer to that question? Thanks.

It usually works to do that. If they question it, the parent can write a letter stating that they tried finding providers and didn't find anyone with k-8 cert. But I and some friends have never had problems with this.
Good luck

seeker

Post Mon, Jun 29 2015, 7:59 pm
For billing: I am pretty sure you can bill for the Sept-June school year until December, but please don't count on my word for that! (e.g. for Sept 14- June 15 school year, you can still submit invoices for, say, November 2014 in December 2015)

For the case out of your certification: They will usually approve it, but the parents should contact the CSE rep (the one whose name/number are on the P4 form) to let them know about the situation before you send it in for approval. Then attach a note to the form "as per our conversation..." reminding them that that's you, and in my experience they have always approved it. But I never asked for more than 1-2 grades out of my certification (e.g. from 2nd grade to 3rd-4th grade) so I'm not sure if there's a limit.

miami85

Post Mon, Jun 29 2015, 9:05 pm
Rosemarie wrote:
It usually works to do that. If they question it, the parent can write a letter stating that they tried finding providers and didn't find anyone with k-8 cert. But I and some friends have never had problems with this.
Good luck

I have worked with 3rd-5th graders even though I'm only certified in SpEd until gr 2 also, I am certified in Gen Ed.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, Jul 06 2015, 3:10 pm
Hi,
Don't see my student in the vendor portal. Anyone knows who I contact in D20 to upload her case to my caseload? The contacts I have are not picking up their phones, nor are they returning my calls.

amother
Pewter

Post Mon, Jul 06 2015, 3:13 pm
amother wrote:
Hi,
Don't see my student in the vendor portal. Anyone knows who I contact in D20 to upload her case to my caseload? The contacts I have are not picking up their phones, nor are they returning my calls.

click on new invoice anyway. It is set automatically to the fiscal year of 2016. manually change it back to 2015 (by clicking on it ). select month. then add a student. hope that helps.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Fri, Nov 27 2015, 6:19 am
Hi,
Does anyone know how much after you submit your SETSS invoices do you get paid? Thanks!

seeker

Post Fri, Nov 27 2015, 7:25 am
In my experience it's been about 3 weeks if there are no issues.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Fri, Nov 27 2015, 7:41 am
Thanks!

SYA

Post Fri, Nov 27 2015, 9:50 am
If invoices aresubmitted before Wednesday 12 pm then you get paid the next Friday (direct deposit).

miami85

Post Fri, Nov 27 2015, 12:02 pm
SYA wrote:
If invoices aresubmitted before Wednesday 12 pm then you get paid the next Friday (direct deposit).

Wow what a difference! 3 years ago I didn't get paid for September until February. Nice to see that they finally fixed the system.

SYA

Post Fri, Nov 27 2015, 12:17 pm
That was the year they made the switch from manual to doing everything online. They were learning how to use the system, which had many bugs.

not sure if I was clear,you don't get paid 3 days later. It's 10 days later. However, the hurdle this year is getting your students approved and put in the system so that you can start billing.

seeker

Post Sat, Nov 28 2015, 3:31 pm
Wow, 10 days is pretty impressive. I made it over the transition year (massive growing pains, they did not have a clue what they were doing) and considered it an improvement at the end. But since then I spent some time out of that system so 2-3 weeks was my latest record.

runninglate

Post Sat, Nov 28 2015, 7:45 pm
SYA wrote:
That was the year they made the switch from manual to doing everything online. They were learning how to use the system, which had many bugs.

not sure if I was clear,you don't get paid 3 days later. It's 10 days later. However, the hurdle this year is getting your students approved and put in the system so that you can start billing.
I'm also waiting for a student to get approved for quite a while. Its frustrating bec student is part of a group and other student was approved. So Im assuming my billing for both students has to wait, am I right? Never billed for a group before.

seeker

Post Sun, Nov 29 2015, 1:15 am
No, you can bill for the student you already have. The way it works is each student gets billed for half the amount. It calculates that automatically when you enter it as a group session. Go ahead and bill for the approved student, you will get paid half of the total amount you're owed, and when the other student gets approved you will enter his/her sessions and then get paid for the other half.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics