Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
How to help almost 3yo relax and make in potty?

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Jun 29 2015, 2:22 pm
Would really appreciate hearing what worked for you. On day 2 of toilet training. Read the potty books together, dd likes her underwear, has drinks rewards.

Day one was getting her used to sitting on the potty seat. At first she would cry when getting on then started to be ok with running to the bathroom when we hear the timer and sits with entertainment.

However now it's day 2 and still holds it in while sitting in the bathroom and makes on the floor soon after leaving the bathroom.

Would find it very helpful how it went for you if your child also held it in and how many days it took them to be able to let go and pee in the toilet never mind #2? How you helped them get past it or is it just a matter of time.

Thank you!

Iymnok

Post Mon, Jun 29 2015, 2:27 pm
Give a small reward for sitting and two for producing. Don't forget the constant apple juice. Give huge positive feedback, a prize, a hug, a call to bubby. Make a really big deal out of it and tone it down only after a couple of successes or the next day.

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Jun 29 2015, 2:40 pm
Yes I've been doing that with rewards (small for sitting and big for the few drops she managed to make)...and fun drinks she likes. She is well hydrated just holding it in.

I'm wondering how long the holding in stage lasted for people and if there was anything special you did or just keep going to the bathroom regularly? Also how long did you ask your child to sit when they didn't produce?

cla

Post Mon, Jun 29 2015, 4:09 pm
Buy this on Amazon. "Squatty Potty" toilet stool. The 9 inch model. Supports their feet, and gets their body propery aligned for elimination. My preschooler won't make #2 without it.

alittlebirdie

Post Mon, Jun 29 2015, 4:29 pm
First of all patience is the key. 2 days is not a lot of time. Some ideas: turn on the faucet while she is sitting on the potty, flushe the toilet a couple of times, distractions sometimes help. Don't pressure her- it can cause her to hold it in. My kids took about a week. Take it easy. Good luck. And remember. Every kid at their own pace.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics