Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Faux leather tablecloth
1  2  Next

amother
Jetblack

Post Tue, Jun 30 2015, 7:53 pm
Hi, I keep seeing these pretty faux leather tablecloths in different colors- anyone know where to get them and how much they cost? anonymous cause I've been asking in real life Smile

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Jun 30 2015, 9:21 pm
http://www.modlook.biz/ has some nice ones....

Notsobusy

Post Tue, Jun 30 2015, 9:46 pm
There's a place in Lakewood that advertises faux leather tablecloths. I have no idea how much they cost, but if you're interested, I can try to find the ad and give you the name and number.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jun 30 2015, 9:58 pm
Green's in BP has some.

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, Jun 30 2015, 11:34 pm
A woman in the 5 Towns area sells them. Check out wilsonstreet.us

hotmom

Post Mon, Jul 06 2015, 12:44 pm
Hostess international custom makes them.according to your table size. About same price as non custom sizes from etcetra or maybe green's or Ben barber. I had one done by hostess according to table measurements, the end product is gorgeous. Sits beautifully on table.

Mrs Bissli

Post Mon, Jul 06 2015, 7:12 pm
I must confess I've never heard of (faux) leather tablecloth. Purely out of curiosity, how do you wash it after use? Is it used on Shabbat/yomtov? Is this just Jewish thing or common generally in the US?

MagentaYenta

Post Mon, Jul 06 2015, 7:31 pm
Mrs Bissli wrote:
I must confess I've never heard of (faux) leather tablecloth. Purely out of curiosity, how do you wash it after use? Is it used on Shabbat/yomtov? Is this just Jewish thing or common generally in the US?

Thank you!! My tablecloths are mostly vintage block prints from the 30's and 40's and ethnic fabrics. I don't find it appealing to be dining on a faux alligator but hey different strokes.

imamom7

Post Mon, Jul 06 2015, 7:39 pm
well theyre vinyl so can be wiped down which makes life really easy with kids and they look funky-

OOTBubby

Post Mon, Jul 06 2015, 8:05 pm
I have seen a number of these and they are gorgeous. I would seriously consider buying one when I get my new dining room set. I would use it for non-Shabbos/Yom Tov use. You just sponge them off to clean them.

mandr

Post Mon, Jul 06 2015, 11:01 pm
Go to your fabric store. In Monsey, we have Kohn's and they sell them by the yard. I believe it's $12 a yard and the fabric is suede-like and washable. Washes very nicely in the machine.

bookworm10

Post Mon, Jul 06 2015, 11:30 pm
I heard that its much cheaper to buy from a fabric store. Its in my to-do list.

hotmom

Post Mon, Jul 06 2015, 11:31 pm
There is one which is velour fabric. It's very nice and elegant. That's the one I described in previous post, above.

hotmom

Post Mon, Jul 06 2015, 11:32 pm
mandr wrote:
Go to your fabric store. In Monsey, we have Kohn's and they sell them by the yard. I believe it's $12 a yard and the fabric is suede-like and washable. Washes very nicely in the machine.

Where is kohn's?

mandr

Post Tue, Jul 07 2015, 9:52 am
hotmom wrote:
Where is kohn's?

301 N Main Street
Spring valley

Mevater

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 8:31 am
mandr wrote:

A 120" tablecloth will cost about $60 because they run $15 a yd. I have seen the croc velour that looks elegant, but I prefer tablecloths with sewn edges, not just cut fabric.

Closeouts is selling croc vinyl in white and beige with borders, that dont appeal to me at all.

Anyone in BP sells the croc velour, with edges? Ans how much are they?

alwayscooking

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 8:49 am
CLOSEOUT Connections in lakewood has two different versions that looked very nice and price vary in size you need.

amother
Taupe

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 9:59 am
I second close out. I think they're pretty. They're not as easy to clean as I thought. I thought windex would do the job-not that simple.

OOTBubby

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 10:00 am
I did recently buy 2 of these. I bought them from Steinmetz in Lakewood. Steinmetz in Brooklyn has them too. They are custom order; you pick the colors you want and whether you want the edges in the contrasting color or it as a runner in the middle. I really like them a lot and will probably get another one or too in more striking colors (mine are subtle). I am actually using them for Shabbos (they coordinate well with my china) and always get compliments. They wipe clean easily. The only problem I've had is that if you put something hot on it -- even just a plate of hot cholent, the plate may leave a mark on it. I've started put trivets under hot things (even things I'd normally put straight on a table).

Mevater

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 10:11 am
Anyone in BP has the Velour Croc ones? The vinyl ones remind me too much of the old plastic tablecloths.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics