Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Travel insurance

boysrus

Post Wed, Jul 01 2015, 9:49 pm
Hi, I m traveling overseas with my family this summer. I just remembered that I didnt purchase travel insurance yet. It has been so many years since we all traveled overseas that I dont remember how to go about getting insurance.
Could anyone please advise me:
a) how can I find insurance with a reputable company online?
b) reasonable priced insurance
c) what kind of things should I be looking to be covered by the insurance?
d) any other comments?

Thanks in advance!

amother
Jetblack

Post Thu, Jul 02 2015, 4:40 am
Call your travel agent they can help you

boysrus

Post Thu, Jul 02 2015, 5:14 am
I dont have a travel agent (didnt realize those even existed anymore Wink ) Tickets were booked online with through the airlines website...

amother
Seashell

Post Thu, Jul 02 2015, 10:44 am
For health insurance I used
https://geobluetravelinsurance.....w.cfm

B'H I didnt need it!

PAMOM

Post Thu, Jul 02 2015, 11:11 am
There's a site that rates travel insurance and lets you pick what you wsnt to have covered. Then it lets you compare costs of different top-rated companies. I'm blanking in the name but Google "compare travel insurance" and it will come up.
Points to consider: do you want coverage if your luggage is delayed? Are you making connections that will cost you more if you miss them? The site will give you a menu and explanations of each option. The potential events I'm most concerned with are: what if one of us gets sick/breaks something right before we leave so that we all have to delay or cancel the trip? Are we covered by our health insurance abroad or do we need that coverage? What if we need to cut the trip short due to a family emergency at home?

boysrus

Post Thu, Jul 02 2015, 4:14 pm
amother wrote:
For health insurance I used
https://geobluetravelinsurance.....w.cfm

B'H I didnt need it!

Thanks
I checked out the link, but it is not for people for my state. Couldnt figure it out either...

boysrus

Post Thu, Jul 02 2015, 4:15 pm
PAMOM wrote:
There's a site that rates travel insurance and lets you pick what you wsnt to have covered. Then it lets you compare costs of different top-rated companies. I'm blanking in the name but Google "compare travel insurance" and it will come up.
Points to consider: do you want coverage if your luggage is delayed? Are you making connections that will cost you more if you miss them? The site will give you a menu and explanations of each option. The potential events I'm most concerned with are: what if one of us gets sick/breaks something right before we leave so that we all have to delay or cancel the trip? Are we covered by our health insurance abroad or do we need that coverage? What if we need to cut the trip short due to a family emergency at home?

Thanks PAMOM, that was really helpful. Now I just need to find an insurance company. I will google, unless somebody else has one to recommend, thanks in advance.

tichellady

Post Thu, Jul 02 2015, 4:26 pm
Traveling nomad
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics