Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Wishing you an easy and meaningful fast

JMM-uc

Post Sat, Jul 04 2015, 3:31 pm
hopefully mashiach will come really soon and this will be the last shivah asar b'tammuz fast.

Mama'le

Post Sat, Jul 04 2015, 3:52 pm
Amen!

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sat, Jul 04 2015, 4:31 pm
I just want to say, I am currently pregnant and not fasting, but I had many years where I waited to get pregnant and I was THE ONLY woman I knew fasting and I found that so hard. Half the time my friends wouldn't even remember it was a fast day, so when I would bump into them and they would small talk, make jokes, laugh...and I am thinking, "actually I can barely hold my head up right now and I can't wait to get home and go to sleep, so will you shut up and go away, lucky idiot."
So I just want to put out there, to all of you that are fasting. GOOD FOR YOU! It is a mitzvah that many people cannot do, and it is an amazing thing to be able to push yourselves to your limits in this way. Know that the people who "mess up" are not malicious, just clueless. Consider yourself lucky to be doing the day the way it is suppose to be done.
And to those of you who will not be fasting, ASSUME EVERYONE ELSE IS, unless it is obvious. And in any case, it is still a serious, sad day, even if you can drink your coffee and have your danish.

myself

Post Sun, Jul 05 2015, 6:58 am
Amen JMM-uc!

hila

Post Sun, Jul 05 2015, 7:11 am
I just asked someone NOT to use the microwave in our office near me. She always heats up the smelliest soups. I could not face it today. She had no idea it was a fast and very kindly went to somewhere else. I want to go home and sleep.

ahuva06

Post Sun, Jul 05 2015, 7:51 am
JMM-uc wrote:
hopefully mashiach will come really soon and this will be the last shivah asar b'tammuz fast.

AMEN!!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note