Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Leading Israeli Rabbi Says Arrival of the Messiah is Imminen
1  2  Next

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Jul 05 2015, 11:25 am
http://www.breakingisraelnews......xZ.97

Leading Israeli Rabbi Says the Arrival of the Messiah is Imminent
By Adam Eliyahu Berkowitz July 3, 2015 , 7:40 am

“I will bring you out from the peoples and gather you out of the countries where you are scattered, with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm, and with wrath poured out.” (Ezekiel 20:34 )

Rabbi Chaim Kanievsky, a leading authority in mainstream Ultra-Orthodox Judaism, has been giving clear and unequivocal messages recently that the coming of the Messiah is imminent. He is urging Jews to make Aliyah as soon as possible. Aliyah, the Hebrew verb for “going up”, refers to immigrating to Israel, which is seen as higher spiritual action that can help herald in the coming of the Messiah.

It was reported that the Rabbi Kanievsky was presented with a pamphlet, written by Rabbi Yitzchak Ben Tzvi from the city of Bnei Brak, dealing with the End of Days and many other related prophecies. Rabbi Kanievsky, who is a pillar of the Jewish community and known for his authoritative books on Torah law, read the pamphlet carefully. After a short consideration, he told those around him that the pamphlet needed to be distributed and that Jews living outside Israel should return to their ancestral land.

In yet another instance of Rabbi Kanievsky’s call for aliyah, author Rabbi Yekutiel Fisch revealed advice that was given to his cousin, a teacher at a prominent Lakewood Yeshiva who visited Israel recently and went to Rabbi Kanievsky to receive a blessing at the end of his visit.

The Rabbi told him that he should not leave Israel because the Messiah would be arriving very soon. The teacher responded that he had 700 students waiting for him in Lakewood. Rabbi Kanievsky told him that he must bring all of the students to Israel. Upon his arrival in Lakewood, the story spread quickly, creating quite an impression on the students who all revere Rabbi Kanievsky.

After a lifetime of immersing himself in classical Jewish texts, Rabbi Kanievsky’s study partner informed various media sites that the Rabbi is talking about the messiah “all the time.” Since last summer’s war in Gaza, the Rabbi has been spreading this message of imminent return. In one instance, Rabbi Kanievsky instructed a Jew from Argentina who asked for a blessing that he should “gather your family and come to Israel. Otherwise, there won’t be enough room for you on the airplanes.”

image: http://www.breakingisraelnews......E.jpg

Find Out What Your Hebrew Name Is Today!
When asked about the timing of the Messiah’s arrival, Rabbi Kanievsky answered, “At the end of the Sabbatical year.” Several people have asked the Rabbi to verify this and he has given the same answer each time. This year is the Sabbatical year and it will be ending on the 29th day of Elul, which, by the Gregorian calendar falls on Saturday, September 12, 2015.

In answer to Rabbi Kanievsky’s call, the Jews of France have begun to arrive in Israel in blessed droves. The impetus is certainly a reaction to increasing anti-Semitic and Islamic fueled violence across Europe.

After the horrific terror attack at a Kosher market in Paris six months ago, Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu urged French Jews to come home to Israel. His remarks drew criticism from some, however last week, in the wake of Ramadan violence in several countries including France, Zeev Elkin, the Israeli Minister of Immigration and Absorption, called on French Jews to make Aliyah, echoing his leader’s words.

“Come home! Anti-Semitism is growing, terrorism is on the rise and the sickly ISIS activists carry out murders in the light of day. We are prepared to accept the Jews of France with open arms,” he said.

Last year, 7,000 French Jews made aliyah to Israel, making it the number one country of origin for new immigrants. The Jewish Agency and the Ministry for Aliyah and Immigrant Absorption are expecting more than 3,000 French Jews to immigrate to Israel this summer alone, many of them families with children who want to arrive and integrate before the beginning of the school year.

It should be noted that it is considered a positive trait to always be anticipating the Messiah. The Chofetz Chaim, Rabbi Yisrael Meir Kagan, a great Torah sage, is told to have said that any time he heard a loud noise, he would say, “Perhaps the Messiah has arrived?” Similar stories have also been told of the leading Moroccan Kabbalist, the Baba Sali, Rabbi Israel Abuhaseira.

tigerwife

Post Sun, Jul 05 2015, 11:31 am
Amen!
It's the three weeks, let's all try to work a little harder to have Moshiach come before we mourn the Beis Hamikdash once again.

marina

Post Sun, Jul 05 2015, 1:12 pm
If anyone is leaving and has a nice bedroom set that they can't take with them, plse message me asap.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Jul 05 2015, 2:20 pm
marina wrote:
If anyone is leaving and has a nice bedroom set that they can't take with them, plse message me asap.

Oh, come on, it won't be as much fun without you. We'll find you some furniture when we get there.

imasoftov

Post Sun, Jul 05 2015, 9:40 pm
Is this the same Rav Kanievsky who also said (or may have) "if you didn't hear it from me personally don't believe it"?

imasoftov

Post Sun, Jul 05 2015, 9:45 pm
http://www.kikar.co.il/175729.html - here's a story (supposedly) of someone who R Kanievsky sarcastically told to jump up and down on the roof as a segulah and it still worked.

http://www.kooker.co.il/%D7%94.....7%94/ - and here he supposedly told someone over a year ago not to go on a fundraising trip then because Moshiach would come first.

zaq

Post Sun, Jul 05 2015, 10:03 pm
I would be much more inclined to believe if this kind of announcement had not already been made many, many times over the past two millennia, several of those times in my own lifetime, and if such announcements did not often end up in disaster for the Jewish people. WADR for Rav Kanievsky, who may or may not have said what people are claiming he said (I am frankly skeptical), I'm reserving judgement. "Imminent" doesn't necessarily mean "in the next six months". Nor does it necessarily even mean "In our lifetime". When you have been waiting for 2000 years, give or take, "imminent" can be in another century or two. I've been hearing about the Messiah's "imminent" arrival for at least the past 45 years. Nor does "the end of the sabbatical year" necessarily mean the end of the CURRENT Sabbatical year.

Which is not to discourage anyone from making aliyah. There are many excellent reasons one might propose for making aliyah, few of which have anything to do with the imminent arrival of the Messiah. Somehow, I think the Messiah will manage to get his followers to the Holy Land with or without a fleet of Boeing 747s.

Laiya

Post Sun, Jul 05 2015, 10:47 pm
Dh learned you're not supposed to say that moshiach is coming on a future date certain, because we're required to believe that he can come ANY time.

That would tend to make me a bit skeptical that R' Kanievsky actually said what the article claims.

Mimisinger

Post Sun, Jul 05 2015, 10:55 pm
Would love to believe it, but I also know that unfortunately, the man is not well. And, so many people take advantage of aging Rabbeim and put words into their mouth.

zaq

Post Sun, Jul 05 2015, 11:19 pm
Laiya wrote:
Dh learned you're not supposed to say that moshiach is coming on a future date certain, because we're required to believe that he can come ANY time.

Not to mention that our time reckoning may be off. In fact, that's why the KBH Himself did not say that he would kill the firstborn of Egypt AT midnight. His exact words were "KAchatzot halaylah ani yotze betoch mitzrayim. Umet kol bechor beeretz mitzrayim..." At ABOUT midnight I will go out among Egypt, and every firstborn in the land of Egypt will die" -just in case someone's sundial was a few minutes off. But when it comes to the real deal, it says Vayehi BAchatzi halaylah VaShem hikah chol bechor beeretz mitzrayim" And it was AT midnight and G-d smote every firstborn in the land of Egypt." At midnight right on the nose. He is prompt, but human reckoning is not necessarily reliable.

June

Post Mon, Jul 06 2015, 1:47 am
It's nice to be skeptical, because then it absolves us of actually doing anything.

Personally, I'm doubtful that Rav Kanievsky said it the way the article reported, but I am still trying to work on myself and make myself a better person and Jew. The world looks ready to implode any minute. It's only a matter of time before the fighting between all the Arab groups escalates into a World War. ISIS is already on Israel's borders. Iran may acquire atomic weapons in the coming months. America is running hellbent towards its own moral demise.

So even if (CH"V) Mashiach doesn't come, I might not survive the inevitable conflict, and I want to be the best person I can be when I meet my Creator.

It might sound macabre, but following world news, it's a definite possibility.

alittlebirdie

Post Mon, Jul 06 2015, 2:15 am
My kids once got this thing in their heads to keep asking me when mashiach is coming. I told them we must believe that mashiach can come today. If we deserve it. That we don't know an exact date or time and when throughout the generations the answer to that question was and is. "Hayom I'm bekolo tishmau" no navi ever Had a different answer tto that

myself

Post Mon, Jul 06 2015, 5:56 am
Isn't this what we all wish for? One thing that bothers me terribly whenever I hear about Moshiach's imminent arrival is the pit in my stomach that accompanies such news. I hope and pray for Moshiach EVERY day, yet the thought of what may come before it's arrival has me quacking in fear. I want to hear that Moshiach IS here, not that it's coming.

May it be here soon without any prior conflict or loss c'v.

grace413

Post Mon, Jul 06 2015, 5:58 am
June wrote:
It's nice to be skeptical, because then it absolves us of actually doing anything.

Personally, I'm doubtful that Rav Kanievsky said it the way the article reported, but I am still trying to work on myself and make myself a better person and Jew. The world looks ready to implode any minute. It's only a matter of time before the fighting between all the Arab groups escalates into a World War. ISIS is already on Israel's borders. Iran may acquire atomic weapons in the coming months. America is running hellbent towards its own moral demise.

So even if (CH"V) Mashiach doesn't come, I might not survive the inevitable conflict, and I want to be the best person I can be when I meet my Creator.

It might sound macabre, but following world news, it's a definite possibility.

June, you are of course doing the right thing and all of us should be trying to improve ourselves. However, I don't connect this with coming of Moshiach. The world also looked ready to implode in the 30's, 40's and 50's.

My grandmother, A"H, was a woman of great emuna peshuta. Over 30 years ago she told me that Moshiach must be coming soon because the world is in such a terrible state. There's hope and yearning, especially during touch times, but times are usually tough.

imasoftov

Post Mon, Jul 06 2015, 6:04 am
"Similarly, one should not try to determine the appointed time for Mashiach's coming. Our Sages declared: 'May the spirits of those who attempt to determine the time of Mashiach's coming expire!' Rather, one should await and believe in the general conception of the matter as explained."

Rambam, Hilchot Melachim 12
http://www.chabad.org/library/.....2.htm

June

Post Mon, Jul 06 2015, 6:38 am
grace413 wrote:
June, you are of course doing the right thing and all of us should be trying to improve ourselves. However, I don't connect this with coming of Moshiach. The world also looked ready to implode in the 30's, 40's and 50's.

My grandmother, A"H, was a woman of great emuna peshuta. Over 30 years ago she told me that Moshiach must be coming soon because the world is in such a terrible state. There's hope and yearning, especially during touch times, but times are usually tough.

I wasn't connecting it with Mashiach; that's not my decision to make. I'm sure that during the Holocaust many people believed that Mashiach was coming.

I do think, though, that WWIII is imminent, and it terrifies me. If Mashiach comes out of it - great! If he doesn't, the surviving Jews will continue hoping and praying for his arrival.

Dolly1

Post Mon, Jul 06 2015, 3:49 pm
I always hope and pray that Moshiach comes, but why is it that I´m always worried about what it´s gonna b like after he comes? I´m so scared of those days... Am I the only one? I keep trying to imagine what the world will look like. I know that it will be better than the best, I guess I´m afraid of the unknown. I always try to imagine what the world will b like, will we go back to life as it was in the olden days etc.?

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Jul 06 2015, 3:58 pm
Dolly1 wrote:
I always hope and pray that Moshiach comes, but why is it that I´m always worried about what it´s gonna b like after he comes? I´m so scared of those days... Am I the only one? I keep trying to imagine what the world will look like. I know that it will be better than the best, I guess I´m afraid of the unknown. I always try to imagine what the world will b like, will we go back to life as it was in the olden days etc.?

Good question. And frankly, more than I worry about being killed in Gog u"Magog I fear surviving but not being allowed to go. I just remind myself that whether it becomes more like the olden days, or some other great unknown, we will no longer live in a time of hester panim, we will have an understanding and answers of why things had to be the way they were, if only to get to that point, and for the sake of kavod Shamayim, of the Shechina no longer being assaulted but being given the glory it deserves, for that alone, it is something we should all welcome, with full hearts.

Dolly1

Post Mon, Jul 06 2015, 4:01 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
Good question. And frankly, more than I worry about being killed in Gog u"Magog I fear surviving but not being allowed to go. I just remind myself that whether it becomes more like the olden days, or some other great unknown, we will no longer live in a time of hester panim, we will have an understanding and answers of why things had to be the way they were, if only to get to that point, and for the sake of kavod Shamayim, of the Shechina no longer being assaulted but being given the glory it deserves, for that alone, it is something we should all welcome, with full hearts.

Ur more than right! And I know that my thoughts r wrong... it´s just not something I can help. I´m always so scared of not being worthy enough when Mashiach comes... But I guess if the Torah tells us that it will b good, then that alone should calm us down. It´s just easier said than done Smile

mommy3b2c

Post Mon, Jul 06 2015, 4:08 pm
Dolly1 wrote:

Why would You think life will go back to the "olden days"? Do you think it is more holy to go to the bathroom in outhouses and drive horse and buggies? Don't worry about these things, they are unfounded fears. Just tell yourself they don't make sense and be done with it.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics