Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Leading Israeli Rabbi Says Arrival of the Messiah is Imminen
Previous  1  2

alittlebirdie

Post Mon, Jul 06 2015, 4:09 pm
Focus on chesed, tznius and shmiras halashon

gp2.0

Post Mon, Jul 06 2015, 4:19 pm
The arrival of Moshiach is always imminent. That's what we all believe, right?

So why is this news?

P.S. Zaq perhaps Moshiach doesn't need a fleet of Boeing 747s but the day an airline names their planes Eagle...well, that would be a concrete sign. Wink

Laiya

Post Mon, Jul 06 2015, 4:25 pm
June wrote:
It's nice to be skeptical, because then it absolves us of actually doing anything.

Actually, I wrote the opposite. We're supposed to believe that he can come at any time, not, "most likely by Sept. 21st" or whatever date the article said. As Zaq wrote, I think these types of proclamations are dangerous (again, why I'm skeptical that R' Kanievsky actualy said it)

Gp2.0 wrote:

Well put

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Jul 06 2015, 5:26 pm
Dolly1 wrote:
Ur more than right! And I know that my thoughts r wrong... it´s just not something I can help. I´m always so scared of not being worthy enough when Mashiach comes... But I guess if the Torah tells us that it will b good, then that alone should calm us down. It´s just easier said than done Smile

You're human. And it's coming from a good part of you, you're humble. I just wanted to offer how I deal with it.

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Jul 06 2015, 5:29 pm
gp2.0 wrote:

So why is this news?

P.S. Zaq perhaps Moshiach doesn't need a fleet of Boeing 747s but the day an airline names their planes Eagle...well, that would be a concrete sign. Wink

http://www.aa.com/i18n/footer/.....w.jsp

sneakermom

Post Mon, Jul 06 2015, 5:39 pm
The Lubavicher Rebbe said, "no Jew will be left behind."

gp2.0

Post Mon, Jul 06 2015, 5:44 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
http://www.aa.com/i18n/footer/eagleOverview.jsp

Oh, excellent.

Now all we need is some kind of vehicle called donkey and we're all set.

We already know Moshiach can make an announcement that will reach the whole world at once, all he has to do is post on the internet.

I'm not being flippant, I think it's really interesting that these pronouncements that must have seemed outrageous (we'll fly on the wings of an eagle for example) are totally possible with today's technology.

zaq

Post Mon, Jul 06 2015, 6:00 pm
June wrote:
It's nice to be skeptical, because then it absolves us of actually doing anything.

Sez you. I happen to look at pre-Moshiach-rumor-inspired spiritual housecleaning as analogous to cleaning up your dirty house because your mil is coming to visit. After she leaves, you will go back to your old ways. Inasmuch as we are supposed to do teshuvah every day of our lives and believe that today could be THE day every day of our lives, why do you need an announcement of this type? Just be the best you can be, period. Because it seems to me--and history bears this out--that after the initial spiritual fervor that accompanies the expectation of Moshiach's arrival, the subsequent disillusionment when he fails to show up results in backsliding and worse. In some eras it resulted in mass conversions out.

ruby slippers

Post Mon, Jul 06 2015, 6:16 pm
myself wrote:
Isn't this what we all wish for? One thing that bothers me terribly whenever I hear about Moshiach's imminent arrival is the pit in my stomach that accompanies such news. I hope and pray for Moshiach EVERY day, yet the thought of what may come before it's arrival has me quacking in fear. I want to hear that Moshiach IS here, not that it's coming.

May it be here soon without any prior conflict or loss c'v.

amen to that last statement!

I just put our aliyah plans on hold and when dh shared this news with me (he not into this kind of stuff, but knows that I am) I cried for at least an hour and now have a very big yuck feeling. But I just can't get emotional make the move now. Wish I hadn't seen this. Sad

GoingtoIsrael

Post Mon, Jul 27 2015, 2:54 pm
Everyone should know that the author of this article By Adam Eliyahu Berkowitz is a messianic - he worships the god of the christians. breaking israel news is a xtian/messianic website. HRav Chaim Kanievsky's words may have been edited/clipped. Remember that xtians want all the Yidden in Israel so that their messiah will come a 2nd time.

ruby slippers

Post Tue, Jul 28 2015, 4:11 pm
Thanks so much for letting us know about the author of the article- makes a big difference!

finallyamommy

Post Tue, Jul 28 2015, 4:40 pm
GoingtoIsrael wrote:
Everyone should know that the author of this article By Adam Eliyahu Berkowitz is a messianic - he worships the god of the christians. breaking israel news is a xtian/messianic website. HRav Chaim Kanievsky's words may have been edited/clipped. Remember that xtians want all the Yidden in Israel so that their messiah will come a 2nd time.

That's a pretty serious accusation to make. Do you have proof?

Carmen Luna

Post Tue, Jul 28 2015, 4:50 pm
esheschayil wrote:
That's a pretty serious accusation to make. Do you have proof?

actually she's right. google the website and dig around. you''ll see for yourself

ckk

Post Tue, Jul 28 2015, 5:35 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
Good question. And frankly, more than I worry about being killed in Gog u"Magog I fear surviving but not being allowed to go. I just remind myself that whether it becomes more like the olden days, or some other great unknown, we will no longer live in a time of hester panim, we will have an understanding and answers of why things had to be the way they were, if only to get to that point, and for the sake of kavod Shamayim, of the Shechina no longer being assaulted but being given the glory it deserves, for that alone, it is something we should all welcome, with full hearts.

It is written clearly "velo yidach mimenu nidach" "and no Jew will be left behind"
LOL

sushi galore

Post Tue, Jul 28 2015, 6:45 pm
I remember couple years ago my girls came home from school all excited with a story that when a certain guy from Israel's watch ceases to work Moshiach will be here within 24 hrs. And the guy's watch stopped working....I don't know how many 24 hrs passed from it happening till I heard it... but last I checked..I'm still in galus.
Stories......stories.....stories.....stories.
We gotta be the best we can and he will come.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics