Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Sheva brachot during three weeks?

mirah2

Post Sun, Jul 05 2015, 5:19 pm
Just out of interest (because there always seems to be a big rush on weddings before 17th Tammuz)

If you get married just before 17th Tammuz, do you keep the full week of sheva brachot? (excluding the 17th itself, I assume). Or do you just do up until erev tzom?

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Jul 05 2015, 5:20 pm
The whole week. I once attended a sheva brachos motzei Shiva Asar B'Tamuz (was very late at night) for the son of a Rav.

amother
Hotpink

Post Sun, Jul 05 2015, 5:22 pm
Funny you should ask. We were discussing this at the shabbos tisch because our dss have been going to weddings nearly every night for the past few weeks, including two on Thursday night, and one they didn't attend was on Friday. I considered asking our rav
but I hate to bother him when it's not a shaila of practical application to ourselves.

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Jul 05 2015, 5:30 pm
Yes, you do the whole week. My anniversary is 13 Tammuz, so we had the fast in the middle of out sb week. We had one on the date of the 17th (since the fast doesn't start till morning) and then we had a break fast sb at a nice milchig restaurant. And two mor after that. The only thing is you can't have any music at the party.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note